OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hanks calls

Started by 3bailey3, February 26, 2017, 10:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greentag

me too beakbuster,i got number 25 and i cant wait to hunt it this spring,that call sounds amazing,that thing is crazy with a stuckey katalox,black and white ebony,lyman snakewood and about any striker you put to it,but those 3 are my favorite

beakbuster10

Funny you say the Lyman snakewood. That's what's going to come out of my best on that call the first morning as long as the weather is decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PEte_A

I see that Kimmy has a new Black Limba glass pot listed on his website. Anyone have any intel?

MikeStaten

I've got his padauk aluminum, maple aluminum (the actual call that he entered into the 2015 nationals) and his new Osage glass.  All sound very good.  Comparing the padauk vs maple aluminums, both are good but the padauk is a little raspier. 

Mossberg835

Quote from: MikeStaten on March 02, 2017, 07:22:54 AM
I've got his padauk aluminum, maple aluminum (the actual call that he entered into the 2015 nationals) and his new Osage glass.  All sound very good.  Comparing the padauk vs maple aluminums, both are good but the padauk is a little raspier.

How is the Osage glass?

MikeStaten

Quote from: Mossberg835 on March 02, 2017, 08:42:15 AM
Quote from: MikeStaten on March 02, 2017, 07:22:54 AM

How is the Osage glass?

Sounds very good.  A little cleaner than some crystal calls I have and a bit higher pitched.   I bought it at Nashville and the guy at Kimmy's booth said that is the call he uses in competitions.

rbreedi1

Quote from: PEte_A on March 02, 2017, 12:14:13 AM
I see that Kimmy has a new Black Limba glass pot listed on his website. Anyone have any intel?

He posted on Facebook,  is a limited edition of 100 calls preordered and shipped out late March or early April.
Thunder Ridge Totes

PEte_A

For some reason I can't get on the Hanks FB page. Maybe it's because i'm trying to access from Canada. Weird.

Txag12

Look on his website it's the numbered ocellated call

PEte_A

Jbird22

Got my Padauk Aluminum today and it's a fine call! It'll be in my vest along with some other fine pots this year!

fountain2

I have never looked into hanks calls and I have been missing out.  Man, those calls sound good and play well.  I ran one in Nashville one evening that was smooth as silk and had a very good sound...I put it down and ran the rest he had on the table.  I went back to that call several times and yesterday put it down.  When I walked off, I told myself I was going to get one.  The next day I went back and got one.   I could not remember exactly what call I played the day before because they had put them all up and I couldn't tell which was which.  I ended up getting a goulds special edition caLloyd.  Super smooth and looks as good as it sounds.  Going to Mexico in may, I thought it to be a fitting call to add to the collection