OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossy 835 + JH .690 + Hevi #7/Mag Blend = HOLY CRAP!!!!

Started by aaronward9, April 08, 2011, 02:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronward9

I went out this morning before the rain to pop off a few rounds in an 835 I recently picked up. I hadn't patterned this gun with the Hevi's yet because I am using my Benelli to hunt with. Well, I might have to change my mind!  

I shot at 40 big steps with both the Hevi-13 3.5-2.25-7 and 3.5-2.25-5,6,7 free-handed and let me tell you, I am amazed!!

The MagBlends put 233 pellets in the 10" @ 40 and the Hevi-13 #7's put 371 in the 10" @40   :anim_65: :anim_65:

Here are the pics.

Mossy517

What was the lot # on those 7s?

371 from what I had seen is hard to obtain
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

grousec

Awsome patterns.  I have some 7's to try in my 935 as soon as the weather warms a little.  Man hope I get a pattern like that.  It would be hard not to hunt with that gun.

Gobble!

would like to know what the distance was taped off but still very nice

what was the lot number of those 7s??

Mossy517

Quote from: Gobble! on April 08, 2011, 02:36:44 PM

With a .690, I dont wanna be negative, but it seems to good to be true.
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

new2turkey

Quote from: Mossy517 on April 08, 2011, 03:03:49 PM

:fire:

ILIKEHEVI-13

I agree. 

Stepping it off and saying you killed a turkey at that distance is one thing, but stepping it off when you shoot a pattern is very misleading. 

goblr77

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 08, 2011, 03:31:02 PM

I agree.  

Stepping it off and saying you killed a turkey at that distance is one thing, but stepping it off when you shoot a pattern is very misleading.  

What were your numbers with the Jellyhead and 7's? I gave one to my brother to run in his 835 but didn't count pellets. The pattern looked to be 230ish which seems to be about right for the .690 diameter.

Nevermind. You posted while I was typing.

ILIKEHEVI-13

goblr77

I don't use 100 ft tape anymore, got something as accurate or more and a heck of a lot quicker. I got tired of climbing around seed plants like a monkey taking measurements for layouts so I bought a Leica Disto D5 (+/- .04 in 650ft.) to save me some time and a lot of needless effort. I've been using a Nikon Archer's Choice (+/- .5 yards) for my shooting but decided to double check the yardage with the Leica. My patterns from last year were no more than 1.5' off and this year they are dead on. It's simple, hold the gun up and stick the butt end of the Leica on the choke tube and shoot the distance. The only problem is I can't write "taped" on my targets because they aren't. ;D I completely understand what you're saying though.

http://www.professionalequipment.com/leica-disto-d5-laser-distance-measuring-device-764553/laser-measuring/

hobbes

It looks pretty plain to me.  The guy said I stepped off 40 yards and here is what I got.  Is he required to provide more detail?  Maybe photos and video while taping it to satisfy the paper thumpers here?

I used to check things out here on the gun forum more often, but its went from "what do I need to do to kill a turkey" to "what do I need to do to satisfy the paper target police".

Apparently any effort to share results here will be critiqued to ensure you aren't cheating.  

3" 870 Shell Shucker

His first post was honest.  Awesome patterns even if they were at "37 Yards?".  Probably an honest to goodness 350+ pattern at 40 anyway you look at it.

aaronward9

Sorry guys, I'm not a pellet counting nut and that doesn't mean the world to me but since you guys are adamant that I'm wrong or lieing, I lasered it at 38 yards. No, its not 40 so I apologize, but its close enough. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cutt

Quote from: aaronward9 on April 08, 2011, 06:40:09 PM
Sorry guys, I'm not a pellet counting nut and that doesn't mean the world to me but since you guys are adamant that I'm wrong or lieing, I lasered it at 38 yards. No, its not 40 so I apologize, but its close enough. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Nice patterns even if it was only 38 yards? Are you sure that wasn't 37 yards, 2ft. 11 in?

Now if you shoot a nice pattern like that again at 40 yards. No one here will believe you, unless you have a survey team there, and have the target notorized. :lol:

hunttherut

Regardless, that is a heck of a pattern.  You should be excited.  I know I sure would be!  Good luck and thanks for sharing.