OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunt it ? Or try to improve ?

Started by buckeyejim, April 17, 2016, 07:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckeyejim

Ok I just got home from work grabbed some cardboard from the barn painted a dot taped off 40 yards to the muzzle. Shot pretty quick resting on top of the car just to do the numbers thing. Have shot at closer ranges 20 and 30 and its real tight. Anyhow I ended up with 198 in a 10" circle with an 870 express 28" barrel, Indian Creek .665 and 3" LB 1 7/8 6'S. Good to go or invest in another choke ? Like I said it was a quick shot I know how to hold the gun just checking numbers. Tried to post pic says file to large.

surehuntsalot

sounds like you are good to go to me
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Cleveland48

I'd hunt with that any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadbuck

Hard to beat Indian Creek. I would stick with it. If you want numbers to go up try loading TSS. You will be in 300+ range then, but 198 will kill all day long.

buckeyejim

Thanks for your time everyone. That was my thoughts also deadbuck as far as tss. Have seen some nasty patterns with the IC chokes. I just haven't talked myself in to the expense of loading tss.

Dr Juice

Quote from: deadbuck on April 18, 2016, 10:03:56 AM
Hard to beat Indian Creek. I would stick with it. If you want numbers to go up try loading TSS. You will be in 300+ range then, but 198 will kill all day long.
X2. Awesome numbers but needs to be an even pattern.

chatterbox

Quote from: Cleveland48 on April 17, 2016, 09:28:35 PM
I'd hunt with that any day.

I agree with this, as long as your pattern is uniform with no large gaps, you should be good to go.

turkeykiller41

Sounds like you are good to go,seems like some on here think you have to blow ones head off to kill it I have seen my dad kill turkeys grave yard dead with a 410 bolt action shotgun with # 4s a lot father than some on here would believe.

SumToy

The numbers are a little low but you can kill all day long with that.  It is one of them things is how dead do you want him.  190 dead or 220 dead.  :TooFunny:

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

BottomLand54

Never had the time to count all the shot when I pattern a gun, if it's even and thick it's a turkey killer. I never have had a turkey get back up and tell me he wished I would have gave him 1 more lead shot haha Sounds like u got one good enough to smoke an old thunder chicken!

fdh54turkeyshooter

Help an old fellow out. What is TSS ?

MickT

Tungsten Super Shot aka pixie dust.