Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I know this has probably been asked 1,000 times, but...

Started by deerbasshunter3, February 25, 2017, 11:54:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

...if you could only use one specific call for the rest of your turkey hunting life, what call would it be, and why?

paboxcall

Easy, long box - sound like half dozen or more birds out of one call, and will do anything from the kee-kee to a gobble.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Yoder409

This question is agonizing every time it gets asked, but................

If you put a gun to my head, I'd have to say a Gooserbat Heckler diaphragm.....................

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

TauntoHawk

Mouth call for sure probably batwing for me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

greentag

Trumpet,once you learn to play them,you will fall in love with them.

mgm1955

Quote from: paboxcall on February 25, 2017, 12:01:40 PM
Easy, long box - sound like half dozen or more birds out of one call, and will do anything from the kee-kee to a gobble.
Totally agree!!

drenalinld

Interesting. I need to hear you play some paddles, Mike. I know you can sure play a short box!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vt35mag

Box call, nothing has struck and called me in more gobblers.  You can call with it right up to the point before they can see the source of calling. They know exactly where it's coming from. Just need to finish with some leaf scratching, if anything at all.

crow

wingbone--- waterproof, sounds good played quiet, and they can put out the volume if wanted

Greg Massey

greencop01

:camohat:
Quote from: paboxcall on February 25, 2017, 12:01:40 PM
X4
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

strutnrut

I'd have more problems with which one not which type.

Spitten and drummen

Turpin style box call. Has its own unique sound and not a ton of people running them. They flat out call turkeys.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Bowguy