turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Jebs or Rhino tube for 870

Started by ThunderChickenHunter21, February 21, 2017, 12:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThunderChickenHunter21

The temps were in the low 60's when I patterned it with the IC.  I shoot the 3 1/2 4x5x7's so don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.  I am trying to get someone to buy my IC or trade for a jebs plus boot but can't get anyone to trade/buy.  The IC is basically brand new.  4 shots through it.  May have to break down and buy a new one.  Thanks for all the responses. 

blueridgegobbler

if they are the nitros from about 2 years ago its not the choke its the shell. I shot the same combo IC and 870 for a long time the last batch I bought wouldn't shoot as good as old lead shells they were terrible. Nitro had different wads and hulls and quality really dropped. I bet you put a longbeard 6 in that gun and it will amaze you how good it shoots. Nitro used to be great.

ThunderChickenHunter21

I just got my jebs choke and im gonna shoot it soon as i have time.  So the Nitros aren't producing the quality shell they used to?

Boykin Hollow

Go with the Jebs,  they will work with you if it does not pattern to your satisfaction.  I use one in my SBE 1,  with Winchester Long Beards # 6's.  It is a deadly combination.  You will not be sorry.  They are not cheap but you get what you pay for.

ThunderChickenHunter21

Its crazy all the different opinions on here lol I wish I had all the money to try every combo.  I think im gonna stick with my jeb though