OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

trulock chokes?

Started by Mild Bill, April 07, 2011, 11:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mild Bill

Hi,

How has folks experience with Trulock chokes been?

I use them in my clay target shotguns with great success, and see they offer turkey chokes too.

I am now setting up a rem 870 "old school" Special purpose with the matte walnut stock with 26" barrel for turkey hunting and wonder if they might be an option.

I am looking to use the winchester xtended range 3" 5's and or 6's out of it as I found some of these on clearance not too long ago.

I realize turkey choking and making smoke balls out of clay targets is not the same thing.

Thanks
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.

TrkyHntr

My trulock non-ported .660 does well with the Fed HW 3" #7's. Shooting a mossberg 500 with a 24" barrel.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

nyhunter

you'll get better patterns out of the #6's, i'd try that choke in a .660 with the 6's and see what it'll do. Keep in mind that shell has 1.75oz's of shot so it might not put up the big numbers like the H-13 #6. But it will still do very well for ya.

goblr77

Trulock makes a good choke. I've got a couple that will outshoot some of the "big name" chokes in one of my guns.

apollo11

They make excellent Turkey chokes.  I use their .670 with outstanding results. 
Bad decisions make good stories.

jokasr07

Well I ran into a little trouble with them about exchanging a choke. I talked to a Woman onthe phone told her the size and recieved a670 instead of 665, and when i called back they said because it was ordered incorrectly and not their mistake, tough luck. on top of that i was getting better patterns out of my extra full factory.

goblr77

Quote from: jokasr07 on April 12, 2011, 11:59:29 AM
Well I ran into a little trouble with them about exchanging a choke. I talked to a Woman onthe phone told her the size and recieved a670 instead of 665, and when i called back they said because it was ordered incorrectly and not their mistake, tough luck. on top of that i was getting better patterns out of my extra full factory.

This really surprises me. Talk to George, not the secretary and he should make it right.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: goblr77 on April 12, 2011, 04:26:52 PM

This really surprises me. Talk to George, not the secretary and he should make it right.

I could not agree more. George Trulock is a real gentleman. I'm sure he'll work with you, no matter who's error it was.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: allaboutshooting on April 12, 2011, 04:50:20 PM
Quote from: goblr77 on April 12, 2011, 04:26:52 PM

I could not agree more. George Trulock is a real gentleman. I'm sure he'll work with you, no matter who's error it was.

Thanks,
Clark

That's what I have heard as well. 

mightyjoeyoung

The back of the package insert says it all!  If you are not happy with his product George will take care of you.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.