turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

McClain strikers

Started by LongSpur440, February 14, 2017, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongSpur440

Anyone have much experience with Matt McClain strikers? How do they compare to Lyman and halloran?
Thx

1iagobblergetter

Anything Matt makes is top notch. I have a wide range of calls from him including the two top notch callmakers you mentioned...

SteelerFan

I have a black locust from Matt. Great striker  :icon_thumright:

birdhunterdave

His strikers are top notch. I have all kinds and his are some of my favorites.

West Augusta

Matt makes very good strikers.  His hollow strikers are great sounding and a very cool idea.
Check out his trumpets also. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Tennessee Lead

I'm going to try and pick up a striker myself from Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

If you can swing it pick up a cedar slate pot from him those are some good turkey mojo.... :z-flirtysmile3:

Footballer

I love his strikers. The black locust is a killer on slate.

pauld

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 14, 2017, 04:08:39 PM
Anything Matt makes is top notch. I have a wide range of calls from him including the two top notch callmakers you mentioned...

^ Agreed!

mgm1955

Matt's work is impeccable!!

Ol Yelper

Just got three from Matt. Black Locust, Bubinga, and hollow Ironwood. All three are excellent. Been runnin them on every pot surface I own and they are great on all. The Black Locust is the best striker for the money that I've ever bought.

mmclain

I've turned just about every wood you could imagine into a striker and black locust is really tuff to beat.   even exotics fall short.   10.00 black locust strikers will save you a lot of searching for a good striker.   

hunter22

I recently purchased a kee kee striker from Matt made out of Mountain Laurel and it is really good.  I also have a tube call and a trumpet from him that are some of my best.

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: hunter22 on February 26, 2017, 09:26:10 AM
I recently purchased a kee kee striker from Matt made out of Mountain Laurel and it is really good.  I also have a tube call and a trumpet from him that are some of my best.
That's interesting. Never heard anything made from Laurel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbreedi1

I ordered one of his black locust strikers yesterday
Thunder Ridge Totes