turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg stock question

Started by renegade19, April 07, 2011, 09:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renegade19

My buddy bought his boy an 835 turkey gun.  I think it's an Ulti-mag.    They can't get it to pattern  or shoot consistantly and finally notice that the stock is loose.  However, when you take off the butt plate access is blocked by a plastic reinforcer/stabilizer inside the stock that does not come out.  Anyone else encounter this?  The stock is composite AKA plastic.  I told him to cut it off and buy the kid a pistol grip but he doesn't want to spend the money.  Suggestions?  Thanks for the help.

Ol'Mossy

mightyjoeyoung

Can you post a pic of the stock?
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

cannonball

renegade19

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 07, 2011, 09:26:03 PM
Can you post a pic of the stock?
I'll see what I can do.  Problem is, they're in Tennessee and I'm in Illinois.  I told him to e-mail me a pic.  We'll see.

Mossy517

I think I know the piece that you are refering to, when I pull the pad off of mine, it its part of the pad. Like a harder rubber/plastic piece. I would think with a litte prying it would pop out.

It is rectangular right? maybe 1.25" x 3" or so? It should come out. If he can swing it, tell him to grab the boy a limbsaver pad and put it on there for him. The boy will be thankful
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

renegade19

Quote from: Mossy517 on April 08, 2011, 12:56:00 PM
I think I know the piece that you are refering to, when I pull the pad off of mine, it its part of the pad. Like a harder rubber/plastic piece. I would think with a litte prying it would pop out.

It is rectangular right? maybe 1.25" x 3" or so? It should come out. If he can swing it, tell him to grab the boy a limbsaver pad and put it on there for him. The boy will be thankful
Thanks, I'll send it along to him.

whiskey

Quote from: Mossy517 on April 08, 2011, 12:56:00 PM

Sounds right to me. I have had the stock off a lot of Mossbergs and that is the only thing I think it could be.

renegade19

Talked to my buddy today, you guys were right about that piece.  They're good to go now!
Thanks again.