OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New striker recommendations

Started by Txag12, February 12, 2017, 08:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txag12

Looking to get a couple new strikers this spring...really tossing it up between derrick sticker and David Halloran in Ipe, tulipwood, and purpleheart, which maker would you go with? Any other recommendations from other guys? Currently have fowler persimmon, fowler black locust, Lyman snake wood, Lyman diamond wood, trice diamondwood, lights out diamond wood, hooks Paduak, wood haven flaretip birch, and dads Osage orange. Calls I keep in rotation are Schaffer atomic 13, Schaffer crystal, halloran crystal mistress, halloran twisted sister, Lonzo stoned alum, and lonzo slate

3bailey3

Sounds to me like you are hooked up for a few season!

SteelerFan

Jbird22

You have some good ones no doubt but one I'd highly recommend adding is a Dad's purpleheart.

Kwgoke

With those calls I'd get a Lyman Macassar Ebony and/or a B&W Ebony. Also recommend the tulipwood! Halloran Ipe will treat you well too.

Txag12

Who would y'all recommend on the macassar and tulipwood?

beakbuster10

I've got a cox tulipwood that sounds awesome on everything I play it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RemCrystal

I just received a cox Blood wood and it runs great on my mistress along with about everything else.

greentag

a lyman massacar ebony,stuckey black and white ebony,and a dads charcoal laminate would be what i would suggest,you already mentioned some other good ones.the ones i mentioned run good on about every call i own and i have all the ones you mentioned having.

dejake

870BkWht

No matter what maker you go with, get a tulipwood. A tulipwood striker sounds great on every surface.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: beakbuster10 on February 12, 2017, 11:52:46 PM
I've got a cox tulipwood that sounds awesome on everything I play it on.

x2. Also Brad Roberts makes some nice ones. Tulipwood and Macassar Ebony are 2 of my favorites. I have some Derrick Stuckey straight tip strikers that will never be parted with.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Txag12

Thanks guys, went ahead and ordered a stuckey tulipwood and a halloran ipe. Sounds like I need to add a macassar ebony for then next addition

rbreedi1

I really like Brad Roberts strikers.. I'd at least get a macassar ebony
Thunder Ridge Totes