OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hope these gobs stick around

Started by scoot12, February 12, 2017, 07:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeyfoot

nice wish we had bachelor groups like that around here lucky to see 3-4 together here lately

1iagobblergetter

Cut N Run

I hope the biggest ones are there waiting for you come spring.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Fullfan

I can tell you from my past experience with winter gobbler flocks. The past 10 years I have had 8-11 long beards come to my feeder every winter. As spring gets closer the flock will spread out, with only 1-2 staying here on the property of 398 acers.  I'm sure your flock will have an established pecking order, and some will stay and the others will go.  I also know that we kill several here on the property every spring, and there is always a replacement waiting the next year.
Don't gobble at me...

GobbleNut

That picture would give a person predication towards optimism for the upcoming season....

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Fullfan on February 26, 2017, 09:16:04 AM
I can tell you from my past experience with winter gobbler flocks. The past 10 years I have had 8-11 long beards come to my feeder every winter. As spring gets closer the flock will spread out, with only 1-2 staying here on the property of 398 acers.  I'm sure your flock will have an established pecking order, and some will stay and the others will go.  I also know that we kill several here on the property every spring, and there is always a replacement waiting the next year.
This is exactly what I experience, winter flock will commonly have as many as 20 strutters, often there's as many as 10 still together by youth weekend but by the first or second week of the season there's usually only 2-3 top dogs and the rest get scattered down the valley. Shoot a few and they just keep filling back in within days.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>