OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Handcrafted longbox holster....... I have a few more available

Started by Yoder409, February 11, 2017, 10:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Quote from: Yoder409 on February 26, 2017, 02:09:42 PM
Thank you to EVERYONE for the nice amount of response to the holsters.  Unfortunately, they are, once again, sold out.  FORTUNATELY, the response has been such that another run will be in the works.  I am HOPING for about a two week turn-around time. 

If you are interested in being put on the list to receive a holster from the next run, please PM me.  Thank you, again, to all.   

And a side business is born. 

Your holsters are brown.  No coincidence...I knew all along that's your favorite color.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Happy hooker

Yoder409

Quote from: paboxcall on February 26, 2017, 04:28:45 PM

And a side business is born. 

Your holsters are brown.  No coincidence...I knew all along that's your favorite color.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Keep it up, John Boy................

See how long it is til YOURS gets built......    HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA !!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

Quote from: Happy hooker on February 26, 2017, 05:26:45 PM
Do you make short box ones

Not just yet.

But, ironically, we were just discussing it yesterday morning.  I've had a few design ideas for one for a while.  So it's a matter of getting them actually cut & sewn into leather...........
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Britton40

Anybody putting a Steve Mann paddle call in one of these? 

Yoder409

Quote from: Britton40 on February 26, 2017, 07:22:05 PM
Anybody putting a Steve Mann paddle call in one of these?

If you are asking about fit............ yes.  A Steve Mann paddle call fits nicely as do all the standard Cost-style long boxes.  Fits the Primos Battleship well, too.
PA elitist since 1979

Yoder409

Thank you to EVERYONE for the nice amount of response to the holsters !!

We had good luck on our turn around time, this time and the holsters were actually completed a week sooner than expected.

I currently have 1 left from this run.  Please shoot me a PM if you have interest.     

These are for full size paddle callers.  Sturdy brown leather and lamb's fleece strips inside.  Fits a belt close to 2 1/4".  Tastefully stamped with a strutting gobbler.  $45 TYD
PA elitist since 1979

Jroddc

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

Rzrbac

Yoder409

Reckon there's several fellows right here in the classifieds and some more up in the turkey call forum that could hook you RIGHT up.      Yep.       :you_rock:
PA elitist since 1979

MikeStaten

Just got mine in the mail.  Quality appears to be great.  It is tight on my Marlin Watkins and Ed Terefencko longboxes.  They definitely won't make a sound in this thing.  Guessing it will stretch a little over time and fit like glove.

Yoder409

Quote from: MikeStaten on March 09, 2017, 09:29:49 AM
Just got mine in the mail.  Quality appears to be great.  It is tight on my Marlin Watkins and Ed Terefencko longboxes.  They definitely won't make a sound in this thing.  Guessing it will stretch a little over time and fit like glove.

Mike............

We make them T-I-G-H-T, tight !!!  Two reasons........... 1: they will work with a somewhat smaller call and 2: even when they get worn into a shape, they are still really nice and snug.

I run a Kimble paddle caller into every one of them before I ship to be sure everything is in spec.  It takes a little doing to get it going in.  As the holster takes on the shape of your particular call, the fleece flattens down and it will be just the right amount of snug.  Best thing to do is to get your call in it and leave it there for a while.

Thank you, again, for your business !!
PA elitist since 1979

Yoder409

Thank you to EVERYONE for the nice amount of response to the holsters !!  We are out of them again, but................

I am hoping to have a few more fairly soon.   Not sure if this will be the last batch for this spring or not.  Possibly but not definitely........... if that's a solid enough answer.  Haha !!

Please shoot me a PM if you have interest.     

These are for full size paddle callers.  Sturdy brown leather and lamb's fleece strips inside.  Fits a belt close to 2 1/4".  Tastefully stamped with a strutting gobbler.  $45 TYD
PA elitist since 1979