turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

need a how-to vid on the MAD Cherry Bomb Box

Started by nolimit679, April 07, 2011, 05:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nolimit679

hey guys, i've searched the entire forum, youtube and google vids for a how-to on this box call but i cant find anything. i'm not really worried about the actual use, i just want to know if mine is tuned right or not.

Addon: any info on the HS Slate Witch would be appreciated also. came with a carbon and a rosewood striker. the rosewood i can get to sound off perfectly but the carbon striker is dead silent for some reason...tips?

nolimit679

giving this a quick bump as well as a follow-up question.

what are some of the best sounds to be made using this box and slate to LOCATE turkeys either early morning or late at night. Please don't tell me to go get a locater like an owl,crow or woodpecker. No store in my entire area, even walmart, has any calls whatsoever. nothing, nill. not even a decoy. i cannot order anything online for 2 reasons:1.)UPS doesnt ship to PO Boxes, 2.)my budget as of now cant support online ordering/shipping after what i had to dish out for out of state liscenses, etc...  basicly have enough for gas over to my hunting spot and back and maybe a soda? I'm on an insanely fixed income 20% navy med. 80% SSI/Disability=basicly chump change.

Edit: i was looking on the back of the case the box call came in and it shows that you can do a gobble but the instructions it shows were less than helpful. untill now i didnt think that was possible without a tube or a tongue that can tie a cherry.  :z-guntootsmiley:

TauntoHawk

send Joe on here he's TRKYHTR a PM

he's got a youtube video that explains how to gobble on just about anything from tube, box, mouth call, and natural voice. I dont know if its still up but he might re post it for you. it helped me with mouth call gobbling

to gobble on a box call you'll want a good rubber band and hold it by the body of the box with the rubber band tight enough that the lid that it doesnt flop but not to tight that the lid doesnt move. hold the box by the body and and shake the call with short rapid motions making the paddle slide back and fourth over both sides of the box... hope that helps, and good luck
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Spring Creek Calls

If you can cutt on that box, you've got a great locater call. I can get one to gobble just about any time of day cutting with one of my boxes. If you're hunting  public ground, be careful where you set up. Good luck!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com