OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Predator camo

Started by bchilde, February 06, 2017, 02:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bchilde

Anyone have any opinions on predator camo. Time for me to get new camo for turkey season and I was looking at getting predator camo. I know I could buy mossy oak or realtree for cheaper but I like different.

MK M GOBL

I bought Predator Camo when it first came out, I have used it for everything, from deer and waterfowl to turkey. I would use fall brown early in the season and will switch out to spring green as the season progressed. Now it's been awhile since I have used it but like most any camo it works.

MK M GOBL

WNCTracker

I love the predator pattern.  I use brown deception in fall and in the spring I have a 2xl Spring green stretch shirt that goes overtop of any layers I need.  If you're getting it from predator, the cut of the 6 pocket twill pants was a little weird for my taste and I ended up getting them altered by a friend so if money doesn't matter I'd get nicer pants prom predator or probably from another company that uses the predator camo pattern.  I was torn between ASAT and Predator when I was looking and am glad I went with predator.  I like the spring green better than the green deception.  I've had deer look right at me without doing a double take, and good luck with turkeys too.

30_06

Predator makes good camo. I tend to prefer ASAT, but either do a very good job at breaking up your outline.

Esse quam videri

snapper1982

Best camo made. Way better than those "cool" patterns. Asat is good too. Any pattern that has an open concept is far superior to stcks and leaves

old3toe

I've been using predator green and brown for a while now both deer and turkey hunting and I love it! I honestly believe it gives you an edge over other camo designs with its more open pattern. I feel invisible with it on no matter the terrain I'm hunting. From the ground or in trees it just works for me. I also mix and match brown and green tops or bottoms for an even better blending affect.

varmint101

Surprisingly to me it works pretty good!  I was skeptical at first, but don't have a problem with turkeys or deer at all. In fact they've looked through me many times.  I wear Predator spring green year round when the weather is warm enough.  I don't have cold weather gear in it.  Doesn't make a difference in the fall/winter for deer though.