OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which shells?

Started by RebelW, February 06, 2017, 02:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longshanks

Quote from: RebelW on February 07, 2017, 11:44:20 PM
Sorry I meant what choke did y'all shoot with fed 7s and TSS 9s

Trulock makes a choke specifically for Fed 7's. That choke will shoot Win LB"s fairly good.

pdaugherty

I love the Hevi #7s better than the blend. They shoot great in my 11-87 and the amount of pellets is a big plus. They put a nice dense pattern on the target and the turkey.

Gobble!

Quote from: RebelW on February 07, 2017, 11:16:46 PM
Quote from: Gobble! on February 07, 2017, 11:07:00 PM
Quote from: RebelW on February 06, 2017, 05:03:44 PM
Mine shoots good with mag blends but you know how it's, lol.. Always looking for the "what if it's better"
And either the federal 7s or the hevi shot

If you go with the Federal 7s you will need to change that choke. Indian Creeks standard turkey chokes do the opposite of what the federal shell wads were intended to do.
What do you shoot

I shoot TSS with an Indian Creek. If I was shooting the Federal shells I would start with Trulocks choke and go from there.

Gumby

I know not what you asked but I prefer the Hevi13 6s to the 7s. Shot the 7s for years and had great patterns. The 6s patterned great as well (not as many holes in paper but good, killing/hunting patterns) so I switched. Had a few incidents of birds not being quite as dead as I prefer with the 7s. Maybe a fluke but happened enough that I switched.