News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Define

Started by shootumindaface, February 10, 2011, 12:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cove

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 10, 2011, 02:38:10 PM
How do you know your overcalling until the encounter is over? 

And once the encounter is over how do you know that excessive calling resulted in lack of a kill?

Not sure how to answer that one, but one thing you can be assured of. . . . if he does walk off I wont be saying, "Man I should have called more to him". He might have a choice on whether to come or not, but he aint gonna a choice but to hear me.  :you_rock:

shootumindaface

Quote from: Shotgun on February 10, 2011, 08:39:44 PM
  Meaning everytime I call to a turkey I have specific reason to why I made that call.  I do call quite often, but with reason. 
;D

shootumindaface

Quote from: Covehnter on February 10, 2011, 08:42:19 PM
I've got video of a hen cutting and yelping for 10 minutes or more straight, yelp sequences 40 something notes long. So, in my opinion if she can call that much and her obviously being the greatest teacher, then it'd be impossible for me to call too much. I'd pass out first. So in my opinion, if I was able encounter it then a gobbler living with her everyday has heard it a time or 2 at least.  :you_rock:

Quote from: BOFF on February 10, 2011, 05:52:57 PM
Quote from: Covehnter on February 10, 2011, 05:18:42 PM
Great thread! But there is no such thing as over calling. As long as you sound like a turkey
-

I might have to disagree with you on that statement. Sounding like a turkey, and acting like a turkey are 2 different things in my opinion. Besides, how do you define sounding like a turkey?

I've been hunting public places and if I was a betting man, I would have lost everything I owned thinking a hunter was making some TERRIBLE turkey talk, only to find out it was a real hen.  :begging:

Regardless, one needs to do what a turkey would do as well. I don't believe a turkey is gonna come to me if I run full speed ahead through the woods, sounding exactly like a turkey would sound.

Just stirring the pot a little.

God Bless,
David B.

Start a thread.. Love obnoxious hens.. We dont have them here our hens cluck once every 30 minutes ;D

Jbird22

Overcalling - what I feel like I'm doing every time I play back a video of one of my hunts :( but I sho do love hearing em gobble ;D !!!

OLE RASPY

gordongekko

As Justice Potter Stewart said "I know it when I see it", but I agree the better caller (and the better at reading a bird) you are the more aggressive you can be with your calling...and I could probably stand to improve a lot....
In God we trust; all others pay cash.

Cove

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 10, 2011, 08:50:35 PM
Quote from: Covehnter on February 10, 2011, 08:42:19 PM
I've got video of a hen cutting and yelping for 10 minutes or more straight, yelp sequences 40 something notes long. So, in my opinion if she can call that much and her obviously being the greatest teacher, then it'd be impossible for me to call too much. I'd pass out first. So in my opinion, if I was able encounter it then a gobbler living with her everyday has heard it a time or 2 at least.  :you_rock:

Quote from: BOFF on February 10, 2011, 05:52:57 PM
Quote from: Covehnter on February 10, 2011, 05:18:42 PM
Great thread! But there is no such thing as over calling. As long as you sound like a turkey
-

I might have to disagree with you on that statement. Sounding like a turkey, and acting like a turkey are 2 different things in my opinion. Besides, how do you define sounding like a turkey?

I've been hunting public places and if I was a betting man, I would have lost everything I owned thinking a hunter was making some TERRIBLE turkey talk, only to find out it was a real hen.  :begging:

Regardless, one needs to do what a turkey would do as well. I don't believe a turkey is gonna come to me if I run full speed ahead through the woods, sounding exactly like a turkey would sound.

Just stirring the pot a little.

God Bless,
David B.

Start a thread.. Love obnoxious hens.. We dont have them here our hens cluck once every 30 minutes ;D

I have it on an old camera (the one's that take the miniature VHS looking tapes) and I haven't figured out how to get those to the computer yet. Plus, since she was so talkative the clip length is over 10 minutes (the limit for youtube), so I'll also have to get that software for video editing figured out to cut it down. I'll try to get to work on all that. LoL

TrackeySauresRex

Over Calling,Def: The act of calling too much  ;D.............

:hello99: My name is John, and I'm an Over Caller  :TooFunny:.....
This is what works for me......Sometimes   
When in Rome you do what the Roman's do.... (Do what the birds are doing). We all heard that before.
My problem is,or the mistake I sometimes make. When to make that last call. When you think he might be comming and you really don't want to give away your exact location.
It's kinda like over calling. Or not nowing when to shut up!

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."