turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Natural voice calling?

Started by C.Kimzey95, January 23, 2017, 11:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CT Spur Collector

Got a buddy here that does it all the time.  Sounds fantastic.

quavers59

I do natural voice calling. It is easy- but takes practice like anything. I can do yelps--easily heard out to 70 yards- and my (go To) call using my voice box is the (whit-whit). I prefer Boxes and pot callers and when the gobbler closes in on me- I use natural voice calling. I just don't like the horseshoe callers at all.

GlockGirl

Not me but I have a friend that does not even hunt that has called in birds with her voice. It is amazing

Gawhitaker

My son can yelp pretty good and has used it hunting, he's 19 now and the high front end / rollover is not as good as it used to be.

C.Kimzey95

If I can find myself in the right situation I may buck up and try it this year.... thanks for all the responses !

ferocious calls

Yes often.

A friend and I were checking traps one morning when I heard a hen yelping in the distance. I let out some yelps and she got louder. My friend did not believe she was answering me. So I told him that he could also make that hen answer. Still not believing me. He tried it. Not only did she answer but soon was approaching our location and popped up over the ridge to take a look. He became a believer and in himself too.

I live with 90 Easterns everyday and only wish I could make all the sounds the make. I still say what the heck was that.

That kid in the video is good!