turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

12 yard shot with Hevi 13 # 6

Started by Galvin900, April 06, 2011, 09:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galvin900

Opening day was today here in Oklahoma. Watched them fly down from the roost, and once they started walking away from my set up I hit the Wood Haven box call, they turned and noticed my two decoys. They come in running, and I popped the gobbler at 12 yards. Aimed at the neck but you will see from the pic, it plew his feathers off his lower neck. Good thing I wasnt going to do a full mount!

[attachment deleted by admin]

VAHUNTER

nothing like a opening day bird to take the preasure off !!! way to go  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Good things come to those who wait

neal

:o :o :o Holy cow!! Yep that's what I've been wondering about these guns that put up huge #'s at 40, at 12 it's like using a golf ball gun! Awesome pic and congrats!!!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Hognutz

Ouch. You hit him dead center. Nice shot..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

jarbo03

Those loads do a lot of damage at close ranges, shot mine last year at 8 yards with TSS #7, wasn't pretty either.

spur collector

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

mightyjoeyoung

Eeeeeeew.  His head looks like somebody parked a humvee on in and the stomped on the gas.  Nice!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

trkehunr93

mmusso

bbcoach

Congrats!!!!!!  At 12 yards, you are lucky to still have the head and neck still attached to the body with Hevi 6's.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: bbcoach on April 07, 2011, 01:43:13 PM
Congrats!!!!!!  At 12 yards, you are lucky to still have the head and neck still attached to the body with Hevi 6's.

Lol!  That's no joke right there!  Took a kid out for the early junior season and he quite litterally took a jake's head OFF at 16 steps with my gun and a 3 1/2 #6 fed hvy wt.  Had one little string of neck tendon holding his head on!  Ill post the pick if I can get it converted to digital as I only have the print and not the camera any more.  Funny as heck!
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

WyoHunter

With a pattern that tight at that distance I'm glad I have a scope on my gun. Congrats!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

cannonball

surehuntsalot

just about to tight of a pattern
did you shoot the beard off ??
it's not the harvest,it's the chase