News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

*299* & "260" HOLY CRAP!!!

Started by bird, April 06, 2011, 09:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hookedspur

quote author=VAHUNTER link=topic=6879.msg81578#msg81578 date=1302140950]
Al that is the best H13 #6 pattern i have seen. and i have seen a bunch!! Congrats  :icon_thumright:

[/quote] :agreed: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

chatterbox

bird

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on April 06, 2011, 11:27:16 PM
That #6 shell could be a mislabeled #7 shell.

The only reason I say that, is that I bought a box of 20 Gauge H13 #5's last year, and one of the shells was labeled #6, so who knows if it was mis-packaged, or mis-labeled?

I wondered the same thing.  Did I accidentally grab a #7 instead of a #6 so I double checked and nope, it was plainly printed on the shell that is was a #6.  I fired off 2 of the #6's and 2 of the #7's each out of a dirty barrel and out of a clean barrel and I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt that a dirty barrel will effect your numbers in a way that I feel is pretty significant.  Not only does your numbers drop but the pattern gets somewhat erratic but not so much that a turkey would be able to escape the killing powers of the pattern.  The key is to make sure you have a nice clean and dry barrel to put up those big numbers and have at it.

bird 

redarrow

Dang. You could wipe out a whole swarm of black flies with that pattern.

Reloader

Great patterns Bird.

I believe you got lucky enough to find a run of smaller sized 6s, probably mostly 6.5s in that particular shell.  The rest of the run probably had many subsized shot as well.  Not a bad thing at all until one purchases more shells and thinks something is wrong with his gun. If you have several boxes from that lot, you should be good to go.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Reloader on April 07, 2011, 11:32:51 AM
Great patterns Bird.

I believe you got lucky enough to find a run of smaller sized 6s, probably mostly 6.5s in that particular shell.  The rest of the run probably had many subsized shot as well.  Not a bad thing at all until one purchases more shells and thinks something is wrong with his gun. If you have several boxes from that lot, you should be good to go.

That's what I was thinking, but who knows.  Maybe bird found the magical lot of 6's that his barrel loves.  Either way it is one of the best 6 patterns I have ever seen.  Congrats are in order and thanks for sharing Al!  That was great info about cleaning the barrel in between shots as well.  Al would you care to share with us how you cleaned your barrel?   

bird

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 07, 2011, 02:12:44 PM
Quote from: Reloader on April 07, 2011, 11:32:51 AM
Great patterns Bird.

That's what I was thinking, but who knows.  Maybe bird found the magical lot of 6's that his barrel loves.  Either way it is one of the best 6 patterns I have ever seen.  Congrats are in order and thanks for sharing Al!  That was great info about cleaning the barrel in between shots as well.  Al would you care to share with us how you cleaned your barrel?   

Nothing special.... just a couple patches of Rem Oil and then a fresh patch until the barrel was clean and dry.

bird

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

cannonball

boggszilla

I just bought 5 boxes of that #325 lot  ;D,very nice patterns.

mossy835

Nice counts but like someone else said more importantly is the pattern you are getting. Make a good long range dove load for sure. I have one box of the 6's and have not shot them or the 7's yet still using up the mag blends. Good luck in the field with the above loads you will have no excuse.

S.C.C

Gold Spur

Good job Bird, awesome patterns!!!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

new2turkey

Wish I was gettin numbers like that  :lol:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase