turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SC Public land and water hunters need your help

Started by Strick9, January 18, 2017, 09:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strick9

As some of you know the public hunter and hunters in general are constantly being squeezed out. This is just one example. Murrels Inlet SC is certainly not the best duck hunting around however several species are at times apt to be found here. However this area has a lot of hunting heritage.  The transplants which do not understand nor care for the hunting heritage are out to shut this area down under the guise of a bird sanctuary. The fact is that within less than a mile two such sanctuaries already exist. SC is heavily laden with such bird sanctuaries at this time and though I don't oppose them this is a guise to take away the hunters rights in this area. 

Please sign the petition to help SC hunters fight for the cause. The petition will ask for a donation at the end but after signing simply close out the page as no donation is expected nor required.

Great thanks to all that will sign!

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/shared-murrells-inlet
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

silvestris

If you will quit being so nice to those refugees, they will go back.....scratch that, they will feel at home.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Smooth_Operator

Signed... I'll be in Murrel's this weekend picking up a new pup. It has always been one of my favorite places along SC's coast.  I haven't duck hunted down there in a few years, as the hunting started getting worse and worse. It's still better than hunting the upstate though,  ;D. Hope this thing gains some steam, the low country has the potential to be great again. Good luck bud...

Blake

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Strick9

Thank you for signing. We need all the help we can get. Once this precedent is set if it goes through rest assured others will be ousted from their hunting grounds as well! Stop the inch , keep your mile!
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

ChiefBubba

spoonbill

Cove

JLH

Smooth_Operator

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."