turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

A big THANK YOU!!

Started by Gobblerstopper, April 06, 2011, 07:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobblerstopper

As the callmaking season (if there is one) starts to wind down, I would like to take a minute to say thanks to OG and the members here that have purchased calls from me this season or just called to talk turkey.

Callmakers are very fortunate to have a place like Old Gobbler that allows and encourages callmakers to post their calls for sale or show.  Most sites do not allow this without purchasing advertising space to do so.  Most callmakers do it as a hobby and money spent on advertising is money that could have went to purchasing more wood and tools.   So thank you Shannon and Annie on behalf of all the callmakers here.

Each spring callmakers get to talk to people from all over the country.  Some of them are new to the sport and some of them have been hunting turkeys longer than I have been alive.  Everyone that I have talked to this spring has been nothing but great.  I've found that no matter how long you chase turkeys, you can always learn something from somebody.  Maybe even someone who is just starting.

Gotta go make some more sawdust now, so take care and good luck this spring.

Andy Kaiser

Spring Creek Calls

Thanks Andy for putting in words what most of us are thinking. What a wonderful place to spend our time!

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

KYFrid

Thanks Andy, I ordered a purpleheart ivory striker from you a while back. Can't wait to hit the woods with it on the 25th.  :icon_thumright:

lightsoutcalls

Very well said Andy. 

Shannon and Annie have provided a great place for hunters and callmakers to connect.  Being stuck at work and in the shop so many hours a day, the folks here have become great company  to stay connected to how turkeys and turkey hunting are approached across the country. 

I'll echo the thanks going out to all that have purchased calls and strikers this season and in seasons past.  Good hunting to all! Remember to send pics of your birds to the callmakers you buy from... it makes the hours spent in the shop worth it.   :icon_thumright:
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

JThomas

Quote from: Gobblez on April 06, 2011, 07:34:47 PM
Thanks Andy for putting in words what most of us are thinking. What a wonderful place to spend our time!

+1

Cut*N*Run

Quote from: Gobblez on April 06, 2011, 07:34:47 PM

:agreed: :thanks:

culpeper

Agreed, Andy this very appropriate and thanks for taking the time to write this.

Scott Witter
Whole-Grain Box Calls

mudhen

We thank you too Andy  ;D

Well, this guy doesn't care for you too much....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Gobblerstopper

Quote from: mudhen on April 08, 2011, 03:03:39 PM
We thank you too Andy  ;D

Well, this guy doesn't care for you too much....

mudhen

LOL...He liked it at first, but the headache changed his mind...Thanks for the pic and congrats!!