turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trigger job completed

Started by Tail Feathers, January 09, 2017, 08:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

I really like my SX3 20 gauge but the trigger was heavy, sometimes being very difficult to fire at all.
Got it back from the gunsmith today and it's a very smooth, 5.5 lbs.  Feels more like a 4 lb rifle trigger now.  He said most of what he did was stoning and polishing.  He said there were some tool marks in there that seemed to hang it up.  It has no creep and is super smooth now.  He did good!
I'll be out function testing it tomorrow but I'm loving this trigger now!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

bbcoach

I had my 835 trigger done right after I purchased it and it was the BEST thing I did to it.  The factory trigger was about 5.5 to 6 lbs and had a lot of creep in it.  It is now about 3 lbs and no creep.  It feels like my best rifle now.

The Cohutta Strutter

About the best money you'll spend on improving a gun !
Anybody seen America lately?

Tail Feathers

I took it out to function test it today.  It worked flawlessly.  I also checked for safety by bumping the butt stock on the wooden shooting table, safety on and off, to make sure it's would fire on accident. 
It is SWEET! :icon_thumright:

bbcoach

Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 10, 2017, 08:55:38 PM
I took it out to function test it today.  It worked flawlessly.  I also checked for safety by bumping the butt stock on the wooden shooting table, safety on and off, to make sure it's would fire on accident. 
Tail Feathers, Make sure your bead, cross hairs or dot is on the bird before you stick your finger on the trigger.  With the trigger work that has been done and the excitement of the hunt, you won't even notice the gun go off.  You'll love the work that has been done, the more you shoot the gun. 

wvmntnhick

Quote from: bbcoach on January 11, 2017, 05:52:50 PM
Quote from: Tail Feathers on January 10, 2017, 08:55:38 PM
Tail Feathers, Make sure your bead, cross hairs or dot is on the bird before you stick your finger on the trigger.  With the trigger work that has been done and the excitement of the hunt, you won't even notice the gun go off.  You'll love the work that has been done, the more you shoot the gun.
My dad learned this the hard way. He really loved my old 308 so I basically gave it to him. Told him from the word go that it was lighter than anything he'd ever used. Got the typical "blah, blah blah" that a teenager would give their parent when they obviously know more than their elder but it was a complete role reversal. He was hunting behind his work one afternoon and a small buck popped out of the pines. Pulled the gun up, flipped the safety off and BOOM!  Lucky for him, the youngster stuck around for him to get another shot. Oh, should also add that the floor plate in the mag well didn't latch well if you didn't pay attention. Warned him of that too. When gun went off he had to scramble to grab some shells off the ground to get another shot off in time. Classic story listening to him tell it.

Tail Feathers

Absolutely.  Will definitely have to consider it like a rifle for purposes of trigger pull.  But then, I carry a Glock everyday for my job so it's a familiar concept. :policeman: :icon_thumright:
QuoteTail Feathers, Make sure your bead, cross hairs or dot is on the bird before you stick your finger on the trigger.  With the trigger work that has been done and the excitement of the hunt, you won't even notice the gun go off.  You'll love the work that has been done, the more you shoot the gun.