turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester Supreme Elite 5s

Started by tnanh, January 05, 2017, 08:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnanh

I bought 2boxes of Winchester Supreme Elite 20 gauge # 5s today. I was wondering did any of you guys shoot these in the past. They were a good deal so I thought I would try them even though they aren't made anymore. What choke did the best for yall with that load in the past. I used to shoot 3 1/2 inch #5 in this shell with an 835 and factory choke and they did well. Killed my first few turkeys with this combo but they kicked so hard in that gun I would have a headache after patterning them. Thought I would try the 20s since the price was decent.

surehuntsalot

try the .570 tightwad or the .575 carlson
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tnanh

Thanks. I already have those chokes. The Carlson 575 may not shoot the tightest in the guns I have shot it in but it is by far the most consistent. I have one for Mossberg, H&R, and Winchester. Will try the new shells in it when the weather gets better.

Greg Massey

I like a 565 it's more of a all around choke, trulock is a great choke...that's what i use on number 5.6 and federal HW 7

surehuntsalot

Quote from: tnanh on January 11, 2017, 01:23:11 PM
Thanks. I already have those chokes. The Carlson 575 may not shoot the tightest in the guns I have shot it in but it is by far the most consistent. I have one for Mossberg, H&R, and Winchester. Will try the new shells in it when the weather gets better.

might want to try a truglo GSX .565 don't cost much at all
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tnanh

I don't know why I said Winchester above. I have never owned a Winchester shotgun. I mean H&R, Mossberg, and Remington. Quess I had Winchester on my mind because of all the Longbeard posts.