OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester Supreme Elite Extended Range shells..

Started by 870supermagnum, April 06, 2011, 10:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

870supermagnum

I have only been on this forum a couple of days and have noticed a lot of you turkey slayers shoot Hevi 13's.  I have not heard of anyone shooting the Winchester Supreme Elite Extended Range shells.  I know they are high dollar, but is there any other reason for not using them?  I have been shooting the old Remington Hevi Shot shells, but ran out and bought a box of the Winchester's this year.  They are bad to the bone, and beyond.  Just curious.

jb177

BigPeck215

the majority of people on here are die hard patterners and are really interested in the numbers game and hevi 13 wins in that respect, win ext range doesnt give the high numbers like hevi 13 does but they both will kill turkeys the same

Skeeterbait

There are several of us using Winchester XRHD on this site.  They are great, and most important, consistant shells.

stick bow

Used in my M2 20ga. 45yds no problem I'm taking the shot with the Winchesters.

Jay Longhauser

I shoot them in MY 835 and BPS.  I like them a lot, but they didn't pattern very well in my remington.  They hit like a sledge hammer.

savduck

Georgia Boy

mightyjoeyoung

They're some hard core loads right there!  Hit hard...and kick harder! :you_rock:  I know my SBE II likes em (bout the only shell I can get it to like) and the bird that got DUMPED at 52 steps last spring will attest to that.  had & hits in his head and only 2 in the crop/ypper body from the bottom of the pattern.  Good stuff...but they need to come with free denyal refferals.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

schuylkillspur

You hav nothing w/o FAITH

Old Gobbler

I will tell you this if Winchester produced the Elite in #7 in 20,12, and 10 gauges they could very well have the best turkey load out there - they already have a cookin velocity all they need to do is get the pellet size to #7's or triplex

-Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

SumToy

They will put up good numbers and will have some very good rang on them.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

msgobblergetter

All winchester has to do is up the payload 1/4 oz. and I would switch.  I really like the 3.5" 6's, but they need that 1/4 oz.

goblr77

Quote from: msgobblergetter on April 12, 2011, 10:27:09 PM
All winchester has to do is up the payload 1/4 oz. and I would switch.  I really like the 3.5" 6's, but they need that 1/4 oz.

This, along with what Shannon said about adding a dose of #7 shot or a triplex load.

archery1

:agreed:
YEP THE WINNY'S ARE GOOD BUT ALOT OF PEOPLE LOOK FOR THE BIGGER DENSER PATTERNS THAT THE HEVI 13 SHELLS THROW.. I SAW NUMBERS WELL OVER 300 HITS IN A 10" CIRCLE AT 40 YDS WITH THE HEVI 13 7'S AND NOTHING CAN TOUCH THEM YET
Take a kid hunting