turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

One of the best slates I've heard

Started by Scott Hock, October 06, 2016, 11:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Hock

This is a quartersawn Whiteoak slate/slate. I've been playing with several wood combinations and found this one. Would like to know what everybody thinks about it. The tonal quality of this combo really shocked me because you don't see calls made with this wood much. It is now one of my favorites. Thanks for the look. Sound file at the end of pictures.

Yelper

I was surprised that the sound was so good from the white oak that I had to get me one.  Scott is making pot calls that are as good as most that are out there and he is just getting started. :z-winnersmiley:

outdoors

I DONT HAVE ONE , BUT THERES ANOTHER CALL MAKER TOLD ME THAT OAK MAKES A REALLY NICE AND REALISTIC SOUNDING CALL ..........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mastevt

Yep.   Been making calls out of W Oak for years.  Great sounding pot!

REBELYELL

Another killer Scott. Good looking pot that sounds great. Ole Lonnie should be proud of his star student. You are getting good at this game.

Scott Hock

Thank you for the kind words. I can't wait to take this one to him. I'm making one for him just to show a little gratitude for his kindness.

mmclain

White oak is very good. The crotch cuts are beautiful.