OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Recycled Roost Roaster

Started by KentuckyHeadhunter, October 07, 2016, 03:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KentuckyHeadhunter

One of my favorite yelper men is Mr Herb Hornstra and I've always been floored by his work and craftsmanship.  This one was very loosely inspired by one of his calls and it's for my personal use.  I bought this old P.S. OLT predator call about 35 years ago and over the years it lost the reed component and was retired among the relics of hunts gone by.  I transformed it with a north GA river cane mouthpiece and a little extra.  It sounds great and plays very easily.  It took a lot of experimenting to get it right but she's finished.  Simple and effective and a great way to salvage one of my childhood calls.  Thanks for looking. 
(click pics to enlarge)
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

KentuckyHeadhunter

1iagobblergetter

Herb has one heck of an imagination that's for sure. It's neat how whatever he dreams up plays and sounds so good. I like how he has his own unique style that stands out.. Good luck with your yelper I hope it's one you can't leave at home...

KentuckyHeadhunter

I always wondered why, in Mickel's second book, it says Herb's favorite turkey hunter is Shania Twain.  Is there another Shania Twain out there who I've never heard of??? ???

Crawdad

Great idea Allen, i really like what you did with that.