turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Metal over metal Calls

Started by Seahunt, September 24, 2016, 10:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seahunt

Has anyone had any experience with pot calls made with copper over copper or aluminum over aluminum.  If not what type of sound do you thing it would have?  Most are metal over glass.  I do have one with a wooden sound board.  Any help on the subject would be appreciated.

jjnfla

Lon Trice makes aluminum over aluminum one serious call..

outdoors

I HAVE A Lon Trice aluminum over aluminum IN AQRILIC
AND THAT CALL IS SWEET SHE GETS LOUD AND NASTY AND SOFT REAL SKFT   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Techn9cian02

Oak ridge aluminum over aluminum in a sapele pot has a nasty break over. That call is top notch

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

vt35mag

Quote from: MDTOM84 on September 25, 2016, 09:28:35 AM
Quote from: Techn9cian02 on September 25, 2016, 08:31:28 AM
Oak ridge aluminum over aluminum in a sapele pot has a nasty break over. That call is top notch

that is another awesome pot!!!

I recently picked one up and that call rocks!

Bowguy

Quote from: vt35mag on September 25, 2016, 08:02:53 PM
Quote from: MDTOM84 on September 25, 2016, 09:28:35 AM
Quote from: Techn9cian02 on September 25, 2016, 08:31:28 AM

that is another awesome pot!!!

I recently picked one up and that call rocks!
I have one too. Got it mid season last year n used it twice. Two dead birds for kids i was mentoring. One a longbeard another a buncha jakes. My Godson shot one of em. Had from the sound of it a longbeard just behind us but being it was his first bird we opted to shoot the short. The call was used once on public one on private n Id highly recommend it. Great call, great sound n easy to run unlike so many others

sixbird

Jimmy Schaffer aluminum over aluminum in ash pot...WOW!!! He made a couple for a friend and me...That is one SWEET call!