turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another over/under turkey hunter...

Started by Ridgerunner665, September 15, 2016, 06:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridgerunner665

Barrel regulation and tight patterns at close range...a non-issue, at least on my shotgun....10 yard patterns below, from both barrels...as I said before, 2".

The top pattern is the top barrel with a standard Express Remington load of #5 (1 1/4 oz. @ 1,330 fps)...light modified choke (.725")

The bottom pattern is the Rooster XR from the bottom barrel with the .680" choke.

Honestly, I expected the light modified and the standard #5 load to open up a little more than it did here...oh, the aim point was a 6 o'clock hold on the little orange dots.

Ridgerunner665

I only have the front bead to aim with...which is not impossible...just takes a little extra effort to center on the rib.

Ridgerunner665

Dissected one of the Rooster XR rounds...

Weight of the shot AND resin...700 grains, I was guessing it at 1 5/8 ounces.

A plastic over shot cap, plastic shot cup, fiber spacer wad, and a plastic cup over the powder.... All that weighs 56 grains.

42.5 grains of very fine flake powder.

All that adds up to I wasted my money on this ammo.... With all the details, the recoil calculates to 61.6 ft. lbs.

Not even 1 frickin pound less than the Remington rounds... I knew they were very close as soon as I fired the first round today.

Oh well....I still have 12 rounds of those Remington Premier Turkey loads.