turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New guy from NE Florida

Started by 870supermagnum, April 05, 2011, 03:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870supermagnum

Hey team, this is my first post and I'm excited about finding this site.  It's comforting to know there are others that "get the fever" in the spring.  I'm 64, married 31 years, three daughters, three grandsons and one granddaughter.  I work as a substance abuse counselor and I'm a retired USMC 1stSgt.  I've hunted off and on my whole life, but just started turkey hunting about six or seven years ago.  I've been very blessed and have taken my limit (two bearded turkeys per season) here in Florida every year except one.  I was able to take a nice bird on the 19th of March, opening day, so the hunt's on for #2.  I shoot a Remington 870 SPS-T Camo Supermagnum, with a Taco multi-reticle Pro-Point sight, and a .665 Jellyhead.  I've used the old Remington Hevi Shot up to this season and switched to Winchester Supreme Elite Extended Range 3.5" #6.  That combo has knocked a gobbler off his feet at 50 yrds.  The recoil was initially pretty strong on the 870 when shooting 3.5's, so I've put a Blackhawk Camo Spec Ops stock on it and that has softened it up a lot.  I'm looking forward to hearing from you all and really enjoy this site.  

spurman

GOBBLE-GOBBLE!!!  Welcome 870supermagnum to the best and friendliest turkey hunting site on the web. Congratulations on your turkey and good luck on the rest of your season.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

PANYHunter

Ol'Mossy

vaturkey

Vaturkey

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

harvester

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69

bayou gobbler

JVA54

turkey slayer

Ruger M77

Congrats on your turkey and welcome to OG!
I eat therefore I hunt

Woodsman4God