OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sneed calls

Started by wvmntnhick, August 15, 2016, 05:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Got my calls from Lonnie Sneed today. Ordered an outlaw hen and hot hen from Lonnie. Both calls sound great. Now I've just got to figure out where they fall into the Yingling rotation. These calls are very lightweight. May throw them in the 'ol tom vest less shirt for the days I'm trying to go light and short on time. Who knows? Too many decisions and such a short season.

outdoors

YUP WE GET ALOT OF AMMO AND JUST DONT KNOW WHICH ONE WILL PUT M DOWN  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Wvgobbler

Lonnie makes a fantastic call. His calls are pure turkey and deadly. Me and my dad have called in several gobblers with his calls. Congrats and good luck with them. Lord knows the turkeys are going to need it now lol!!!!!!

Jbird22

Quote from: MDTOM84 on August 15, 2016, 06:01:16 PM
This is a picture of the second Hot Hen I have owned. The first one was made from 1 piece of wood. This one is 2 piece glued together. Is your Hot Hen 1 or 2 piece pot?
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
My Hot Hen pot is 2 piece.

hookedspur

Good luck with them Kris they are fine calls..Mine are two pc as well .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

sbbow

Congrats on a fine set of calls!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OHturkey85

Congrats! I love the old school vintage look they have.

mgm1955

SteelerFan

:icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:

*A black locust striker works really well on those...

wvmntnhick

Mine is a 2 piece as well. As for strikers, I played it with a black locust last night as well. That Yingling striker really perked them up. They did very well with the Purple Heart he sent but the Yingling locust and fiber rod really amped them up.

jed clampett

My hot hen and raspy hen are both 1pc...i like the hot hen alot better..the hot hen sounds real good with a marrer persimmon  and a matt McLain dogwood

wvmntnhick

I've found both sound nice with about any striker I've put on them. The Sinclair gaboon ebony is nice as well as his spectraply. It really lets me get into some aggressive purring. Tried a couple Dad's strikers and a few Fowler strikers as well. Heck, even my tylersburg ugly stick (and I'm in no way saying its a bad striker but I've found it to be a bit picky on some calls) ran it like a dream. In fact, the outlaw hen may be the call for that striker. It ran like no ones business on that call. High pitched, raspy and great rollover.

Wvgobbler

I've been running a Bill Lyman Tulipwood striker on my outlaw hen and man it sounds good.

wvmntnhick

At the risk of sounding stupid, where does one find Lyman strikers? Based on how everyone keeps searching for them in the classifieds I'm assuming they're hard to get or something? I'm going to have to do a google search and see what all the fuss is about as I'd like to try one myself.

eorlando

Quote from: wvmntnhick on August 16, 2016, 05:38:35 PM
At the risk of sounding stupid, where does one find Lyman strikers? Based on how everyone keeps searching for them in the classifieds I'm assuming they're hard to get or something? I'm going to have to do a google search and see what all the fuss is about as I'd like to try one myself.
Callmakerman on here. Bill Lyman. Best strikers you can get hands down. I have about 20 of his and am always looking for more.