turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Novice turkey hunters and their calls

Started by 2eagles, July 30, 2016, 09:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

So a guy wants to try turkey hunting and goes to xyz store and buys a call. They all look alike, must sound alike and he gets a cheap one endorsed by that guy on TV. Takes it home and surprise! it sounds really nothing like a turkey, if he can get any sound at all.
That was me. I tried a few cheap calls without success. I did find a slate (on sale) that sounds pretty good. It maybe even helped bring in a bird this year.
But, I always go back to a mouth call because I feel like I'm pretty good with them. Most of my birds have been called in with a Primos Black Diamond. (No longer made.)
BUT!!!
Then I bought a custom call from misfire. It is simply amazing. A two sider aluminum and slate and it looks a great as it sounds. Wish I hadn't waited so long to get a custom. Thanks, Lee!

Fieldturkey

I have a canarywood and walnut version of your call. They are fantastic

Wvgobbler

People can say what they want cause everybody is entitled to their own opinion but a good custom really does make a difference.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Wvgobbler on July 30, 2016, 08:19:38 PM
People can say what they want cause everybody is entitled to their own opinion but a good custom really does make a difference.
Yes it does. And unfortunately, once you've got one, the flood gate is open and about 15 more will follow.

misfire

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

mgm1955