turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Some new hatches

Started by REBELYELL, July 29, 2016, 09:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBELYELL

Got some new ones recently, from Brad Roberts and Lonzo, two great guys and two of the best call makers around.

Brad Roberts, L-R: Zebrawood glass/aluminum, Crotch Walnut glass/slate and Poplar glass/glass. I wanted the aluminum soundboard painted, but there was some miscommunication between me and Brad. I returned it and he reworked the original call. He glued it back together and paired it with a heavier Ipe striker. It went from a good call to heading to the upcoming KY state calling contest next weekend as part of his call arsenal. I told him I would be honored for him to run it, but he couldn't let anyone talk him out of it.

This next batch came from Lonzo. Two came from his wood stock and two came from blanks I sent him. They all turned out great.

Lonzo, clockwise from the top: Orange Agate crystal/aluminum, Spalted dogwood slate/glass, Bolivian Rosewood crystal/slate and Cocobolo crystal/slate.

hunter22

As good as pot calls get. What a bunch of killers Jody. Congrats......

MikeStaten

That spalted dogwood is a beauty.

Gobbleandgrunt

Dr Juice

Nice survival rate with those new hatches Sir :-)
Good luck with them.

All The Way!

wvmntnhick

Gobbleandgrunt

Was that spalted dogwood from your blank or his? I sent him a text. Haven't heard back yet.

Wvgobbler

Great batch of calls right there!!!!!!

sbbow

Very nice Jody congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mgm1955

greentag

awesome sets of pot calls,i love all of those,i have quite a bit of brads calls and seeing all these has lit a fire in me telling me i need some more.i have a highly figured bocote glass over aluminum that you would like,it would rank right up there with any call i have ever had,and its amazing sounding.i got lucky with it,i ran to his booth at nashville first thing last year soon as they opened and got pick of the liter on several calls.