Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

anyone have a lightsout pot--stainless surface?

Started by jed clampett, July 29, 2016, 03:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jed clampett

Looking for reviews on Wendels stainless surface pot call!..wondering how it plays...squeaky...raspy ...can you play soft..ect!!      pm me if you would rather ..thanks

Techn9cian02

This is what mine looks like

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

vt35mag

I ordered one this week and he said it should ship Monday (tomorrow).  I will let you know how it sounds, but generally speaking it should be raspy with a high front, and able to play the soft stuff.  That's what it sounded like to me when he played it over the phone.  I got mine in Tigerwood (goncalo alves) with a matching striker.

jed clampett

I would definitely like to know what you think of it when you get it ...thanks

vt35mag

I received the call last night and played it quite a bit, fortunately my wife was not home.  The call can be played very soft with very little pressure with Goncalo Alves and Red Cedar strikers.  Increasing the striker pressure makes the call louder. I played around with over a dozen different strikers, and the surface seemed to be very striker friendly.  The call is able to play pretty raspy, depending on the striker used.  I found my Stuckey Tulipwood brought some real nice rasp out of the call. Bloodwood did as well.  I was really liking what I was hearing using a Hickory on it too. It can let out a high pitch scream on the front of the yelp if you want it.  Out of all the different one piece strikers I have, I think I have settled on playing mine with Goncalo Alves, Bloodwood, Hickory, and Tulipwood. All depends on the situation and what I am looking to get out of it.
I think this call is going to work out to be pretty versatile and a good addition to the arsenal.  I would say if anyone is interested in this call, it would be worth picking one up and trying it for yourself.

Buckrub

I have 2  Lights Out 3" stainless calls and both produce outstanding sounds. I can play them softly or bear down and get loud, nasty and as raspy as ever !! To get the amount of volume these calls can create and only be a 3" call is amazing. They sound every bit as good as my titanium 3.5" calls !!
If you order one, you will be very satisfied.  :icon_thumright:   

jed clampett

2 different woods?...which do you like best and what wood is it?...Wendell recommended the tigerwood!