Started by Browning87, July 27, 2016, 06:12:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzkiller

Jimmy S. Sapele double aluminum
Lonzo's  Katalox  glass over slate
Olin Humphries  laminate ceramic

Techn9cian02

Quote from: vt35mag on July 28, 2016, 07:36:47 AM
As of right now its a Kaiser Ceramic, Kaiser Copper, and Halloran Twisted Sister. 

That list may change, because I have the following on order;

Kaiser redheart bronzed glass over glass
Lights Out tigerwood stainless over acrylic
Halloran Metal Mouth
Brad Roberts zebrawood bronzed glass over aluminum
Brad Roberts poplar bronzed glass over aluminum
The lights out stainless is great, I also have a halloran metal mouth ordered. Let me know if your list changes though!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Tom Dooley

I have only owned two calls that I am 100% satisified with:
Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen Slate
Hanks Zebrawood Glass

Jgarrett

I couldn't possibly narrow it down to 3.....but I do usually keep 2-3 pots and a couple boxes in my truck during the off-season, and change them out periodically.  Right now in my truck I have the following:
1.  Bill Lyman Osage 2 sider glass/slate with aluminum soundboard with a Lyman green camo dymondwood striker
2.  Daybreak Padauk ceramic with Lyman purpleheart striker
3.  Platz Cherry slate over glass with a Lyman African Blackwood striker....and a Bubinga Lyman striker as well
Current boxes are.....Watkins Macassar Ebony over persimmon short box and a Noel Gonzalez PH over mesquite short box.....
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Jbird22

1. Andy Kaiser Redheart bronze glass
2. Jimmy Schaffer Mad Hen Gen 2
3. Andy Kaiser Curly Maple ceramic

slwayne

I usually only carry two, Halloran Crystal Mistress (always!) and either the Sneed Hot Hen or the Lights Out anodized aluminum depending on the weather and my sense of the mood of the turkeys in the area that I will be hunting on that particular day.

PALongspur

As tough as it is to pick only 3, here goes.

1) Mark Cornelius cherry crystal over glass. I'm actually NOT much of a crystal guy but the turkeys I've been hunting the last few years (VA, MD and PA) absolutely love this call!

2) Cody Spec 1 slate. Old habits die hard. I've called more birds to the gun with this call than any other pot call in my arsenal, enough said.

3) Roger Parks Gobbler Call. The most versatile call I've ever ran. Soft and sweet, loud and demanding, hen or gobbler, this thing does it all and turkeys love it. Jake and gobbler sounds can be certain death in the Spring.

Britton40

Spring Allure Shedua Slate over glass. I started the season carrying two or three, but ended up the season with only this one in my vest. It does it all.

MikeStaten

Schaffer Mad Hen I
Lonzo aluminum over aluminum in acrylic pot
3rd is too tough to call but really like Lonzos crystal in paduak, Schaffers crystal in blue Mahoe, Twisted Sister among others.