turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Yingling calls

Started by wvmntnhick, July 24, 2016, 12:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Well, got my Yingling ceramic in the mail yesterday along with grunt tube and aluminum cactus pot. You've all seen Mike's cactus pots and he placed a pic of the set on here several days ago. As always, the calls look amazing and that orange cactus pot will certainly be easy to find if I drop it. They both run extremely easy and the aluminum sounds great. What really surprised me though was the ceramic. Now, I need to preface this by saying that my ceramic experience has been limited to an Ol' Yeller and some Primos freak call from years past. They worked but sounded quite hollow IMHO. Not Mike's however. You can run that thing just as sweet as you want but man if you lean on it just a bit (and I'm not implying that it takes much at all because it truly doesn't) you'll pull all the rasp out of that thing that you could possibly handle. Again, Mike has provided me with another set of winners. Fellas, if you don't have one of his calls yet, you may well want to look into one. They're phenomenal.

Oh, and the grunt call isn't your run of the mill stuff either. Not sure if it's the sound chamber or what but it sounds much better than the shelf bought stuff I've had in the past.

Wvgobbler

Mike does build a good call. I recently got an aluminum call from him and that thing runs and sounds great!!!!! Probably the easiest aluminum call I have ever ran. Congrats on your calls from Mike.

hunter22

Congrats on the fine calls from an outstanding callmaker. I normally have one of his cast cactus calls in my vest.

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Wvgobbler on July 24, 2016, 02:35:45 PM
Mike does build a good call. I recently got an aluminum call from him and that thing runs and sounds great!!!!! Probably the easiest aluminum call I have ever ran. Congrats on your calls from Mike.
He sure does. I've got two of his aluminum calls now and I love them both. I think the only one I'm missing from him is a brass but I'm sure it's in the near future.
Quote from: hunter22 on July 24, 2016, 03:07:00 PM
Congrats on the fine calls from an outstanding callmaker. I normally have one of his cast cactus calls in my vest.
I've got his cactus in a titanium and now an aluminum. Love them both. As for calls in general, my vest is Yingling powered. Next spring will probably see me carrying nothing but Yingling pots. Love them and so do the turkeys.

mgm1955

ncwoodsman

Congrats on some fine calls. I am working with Mr. Yingling to get one of his calls on order.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

jed clampett

I just got 2 calls that were in the classes from Mike....his clear cast cactus titanium and his bocote aluminum both calls sound great and very easy to play...love the rasp in both calls...this is my 1st titanium and I am glad I got it...the bocote aluminum really is a great call also they will definitely see some vest time this spring

wvmntnhick

Quote from: jed clampett on July 28, 2016, 09:23:42 AM
I just got 2 calls that were in the classes from Mike....his clear cast cactus titanium and his bocote aluminum both calls sound great and very easy to play...love the rasp in both calls...this is my 1st titanium and I am glad I got it...the bocote aluminum really is a great call also they will definitely see some vest time this spring
I really thought he was going to keep the clear titanium. As you said, his stuff does run easy and you can get about as much rasp out of them as you'd like. His titanium is not like the others I've played. The others tend to be much higher pitched but that's not the case with Mike's.
Quote from: ncwoodsman on July 28, 2016, 08:22:46 AM
Congrats on some fine calls. I am working with Mr. Yingling to get one of his calls on order.
What'cha gettin'?

REBELYELL

Congrats on some great guys from a great guy.

:icon_thumright:

Ericbrooks

I just received 4 of Mikes grunt calls this week. Excellent craftsmanship and sound!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M,Yingling

always good to hear feed back ,,,Glad you all liked the calls .,,,,Mike
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

jed clampett

Can't wait to get my walnut slate!!

wvmntnhick

Quote from: jed clampett on July 31, 2016, 04:32:22 PM
Can't wait to get my walnut slate!!
If it sounds like the slate I bought from Mike, you'll likely get rid of your others. I did almost immediately.