OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

John Sinclair Titanium

Started by dejake, July 11, 2016, 07:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dejake

I'm thinking about getting one.  What are folks' experiences with these?  Also, I'm assuming titanium will work when it's damp (with the appropriate striker), is this correct?  Thanks all.

hunter22

I have two of John's titanium pot calls. One is a 3 1/4 inch Bocote and one is a 3 1/2 inch Cocobolo. Both sound really good but I would recommend the 3 1/2 inch pot.

Ishi

I have a Kingwood 3 1/2 inch titanium. I bought it this spring 12 hrs of hunting I had two bow shot turkeys. Super easy to use you will love it and it has great sound and easy to play.
The Spirit Lives On

Buckrub

I have 3 of John's Titanium calls. 1- 3.5 Kingwood, 1-3.5 Bocate and 1-3.25 Bocate. All 3 are great sounding calls with excellent tonal qualities and plenty of rasp !! I highly recommend having one or more in your vest. I've never tried mine in the rain.
Have slayed a fair number of birds using them.   

Buckrub

Thought I'd mention; I recently bought a 3" Stainless Steel over Ceramic pot from LightsOut Game Calls, (Wendel Rye). A very easy call to play with unreal RASP and I mean severe RASP !!! It's the most "vocal" 3" pot that I own and I would highly recommend checking it out !!!  :you_rock:

outdoors

Quote from: Buckrub on July 12, 2016, 10:13:12 AM
Thought I'd mention; I recently bought a 3" Stainless Steel over Ceramic pot from LightsOut Game Calls, (Wendel Rye). A very easy call to play with unreal RASP and I mean severe RASP !!! It's the most "vocal" 3" pot that I own and I would highly recommend checking it out !!!  :you_rock:
YUP I RECEIVED ONE ALSO AND THERES LOTS OF RASP ..... REALLY NICE CALL .....
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Buckrub

Quote from: outdoors on July 12, 2016, 08:36:24 PM
Quote from: Buckrub on July 12, 2016, 10:13:12 AM
YUP I RECEIVED ONE ALSO AND THERES LOTS OF RASP ..... REALLY NICE CALL .....
I just purchased another 3" Laminated Pot from Lights Out, just wanted more of that RASP. :blob10:

870BkWht

I bought this call this past spring from John.  He played the 3'', the 3.25'' and the 3.5'' all for me on the phone and I decided to go with the 3.25''.  The size of the playing surface determines the tone and pitch of the call.  I like the 3.25'' for its middle of the road tone and not too high not too low.  Its not super raspy but not clean either.  I used it every time I hunted this spring and I called in 3 longbeards and killed one with this call.  It will do it all from yelps, cuts, clucks, purrs, and even kee kees and gobbler yelps.

Buckrub

I agree, the 3.25" Titanium has quickly become my favorite. Amazingly, the slightly smaller size fits both my hand and the allotted call pockets in my vests better than the standard 3.50".
The sounds it produces are outstanding !!

mgm1955