turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Natural Voice Calling

Started by Kickin Spur, April 04, 2011, 11:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kickin Spur

Anyone else out there do it?  I have met a lot of guys who can get a cluck or a muffled yelp; but does anyone on here use it as their go to call?  Been workin on it for about six years now and the only thing I cant at least pass for realistic is really loud cutting and fly down cackle.... Anyone else?

TRKYHTR

I talk to my turkeys every day with my natural voice. I've used it a few times in the field but I'm not very loud with it.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

bowhunter84

i have a buddy who can do awesome yelps with his voice.

barry

I used my natural voice for 16 years, only manufactured call I ever carried with me over that time was a boat paddle call that I would use to try to strike up a bird later in the day. After my accident that changed, a fall from a treestand left me paralyzed and also left me with about 1/3 of my normal breath capacity and unable to make voice calls. Had to start all over and learn how to use a call.
Greatest compliment I ever got on my natural calling ability was after I made  few "voice calls" for a fellow and he said "Man, that's like huntin' over bait."

VanHelden Game Calls

Not my go to call.  But for distance calling I use my voice.

You need the right cadence.

It usually starts out on a box call,  then followed by "here turkey turkey".

Then depending on the bird it repeats itself.  Sometimes I need to change it up and go to my "come here you  **** bird" followed by another sequence of box yelps.

It works alot ;D

Fox Fire

I have a friend who can do some killer calls with his own voice (sounds very realistic), when he does them he subcontously holds his hands out like he's use'n a slate call, its hilarious he dont even realize he go'n thru the motions.

WyoHunter

I have a friend in NE that voice calls turkeys and is successful at it. I didn't think the calls sounded that good but the turkeys did!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Ruger M77

Ive called in alot of turkeys with my voice been doin it since I was 12 I yelp and purr mostly but Im workin on the other sounds. Drive the guys at work crazy
I eat therefore I hunt