turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2 sider pot call

Started by bunk, June 14, 2016, 02:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunk

I'm wanting a 2 sider pot and the two I'm interested in is Pat Strawser's blue deuce and Ed Jinkins bronze glass in osage or zebrawood pot. If any of yall have both, which one do you like better?

greengunner

I'm curious to see some responses. I got on the list for Mr. Strawser and have 2 of Mr. Jenkins coming in the late summer. One being an osage pot only with crystal.

Hunter1979

I have both.  I can't see me getting rid of either.
The Blue Deuce is raspier, which I really like. The slate on the back is unreal. It's better than some calls that are slate only.  It's not quiet or hollow sounding and you can get right on it.
The Ghost Maker is higher pitched, but lets me play it softer than I can the Strawser. The slate on the back is also very good.

Both handle pretty much any striker you have with ease.

I have not had a lot of time to play with either, so these are my first impressions.  I would say if you want something raspy to go with the Blue Deuce. If you want something without rasp, the Ghost Maker.   No matter your choice, I don't think you'll regret it, and probably in time, end up with both.  It's hard to beat either of these two siders.

bunk

I do like rasp and was leaning towards the blue deuce already. Manley because it's harder to get one and who knows I may not get one if I wait to long to get on the list. Maybe I can get to Nashville and run some of Ed's calls if he's there this February. Thanks

scoot12

Ed Jenkins builds one of the best 2 siders out there in my opinion.  Don't own a 2 sider from Pat.

Footballer

I have both and they are both high quality calls. As mentioned above, the Jenkin's is a little higher pitched and the duece is a bit raspier. Both calls are super versatile and produce two different sounds.

I got the Duece after the season, but was able to hunt with Jenkin's call and was very satisfied with it.

I wouldn't carry both in my vest, but will definitely have one of them in my vest at all times. I like to carry a loud, locator style pot call to compliment my 2 siders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk