OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Striker Length for Pot Calls?

Started by ncwoodsman, June 14, 2016, 02:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncwoodsman

Do pot call strikers sound differently if they are cut to a shorter length? I have often wondered this so I figured I would ask the experts. Is there a reason for the certain length of striker?

born2hunt

Length, diameter and weight all effect the sound dramatically.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

sixbird

I was hunting with a friend who had some sort of pot call. Looked like some sort of composite (maybe ceramic). It had a striker that was 2/3's the length of a normal one. He played it...Had an awful sound! I played it and I sounded equally bad...Got out one of my strikers and played it...Sounded exponentially better. Not great but markedly better than with that short striker.
So, yes, striker length makes a big difference...Material,length,diameter. It all makes a difference...

ncwoodsman

Thanks for the responses fellas! This is good information and I am glad I asked.