turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Been a long,long,long time since

Started by callmakerman, June 04, 2016, 03:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

I built any long boxes and that ended this spring. I was down in PA hunting Memorial Day weekend with my good friend Ed Terefencko  and we always end up with a day in the shop because PA doesn't allow Sunday hunting. I had started this box last year after getting home from Ed's place but never took it any farther till this year. I brought everything I needed to finish this call with an extra cedar blank just in case and with Ed's guidance my cedar/ purple heart was done. SOOO I thought why stop now. I hollowed out the other cedar blank and again with Ed's guidance made an osage lid for the call thinking maybe if it sounds good I would give it to my daughters boyfriend ( Ed and I helped Shawn get his first turkey this year on Ed's last day in NY ) as he was looking to get a Lyman turkey call. First off I would like to thank Ed for his help as it's been 9 tears since I built my last long box. I'm real happy with both calls and we did hunt the cedar/ purple heart on Memorial Day with only a hen showing up and no gobbles in the rain. Fun none the less and always a hunt I look forward too.

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

outdoors

QUALITY TIME ,,CANT BEAT THAT.  :icon_thumright:  :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

lmbhngr

SS Calls

KentuckyHeadhunter

Great work Bill!  Those are sweet.  Congrats on your season this year.  Glad your back.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Yoder409

Good stuff right there !!!!

I'd love to play with those for a spell....................
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

hunter22

Awesome Bill. Congrats. I know they are packed full of turkey.

jed clampett

Those look great...i bet they're screamers!!

REBELYELL

Great looking calls Bill. You and Ed did good on that pair.

West Augusta

Good looking calls my friend.  You need to make more of them.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Bowhuntr73

mgm1955

Nice looking calls Bill. I'm sure they're full of turkey!

packmule

Those look great Bill.  You and Ed make a mean team.

mspaci