OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Decision time "help" please vote!!

Started by Happy hooker, June 03, 2016, 03:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy hooker

I'm ready for my first custom pot call sadly can only afford one. This will be a working call with a license to kill!! Not sit in a case for show, but used, toted in the vest,,slept on when I doze off against the tree and slump over.
I've got it narrowed to these four,,please vote!!!! and add comments if you like but I'm set on choosing between these four,,"please help me decide"

Brad Roberts,,Zebrawood bronze Glass over Aluminum.

David Halloran,,,Crystal Misstress/Twisted Sister, basically a Halloran choice

Kimmy Hanks,,Glass over Aluminium,,WOW this guy has more trophys then the Yankees

Loftis,,,Crystal Screamer

Please vote between the four your participation is MUCH appreciated!!!!
FYI- I do have a Paul Platz cherry pot on order but right now that looks like 17 months away..

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

BABS9

Gobbleandgrunt

Honestly, the Brad Roberts sounds the best of the one you listed in my opinion, but if I could only have one, I'd go loftis. You can use it in rain, shine, ANY time and it talks turkey. So, my vote is loftis

Gobbleandgrunt

And get both strikers. Ipe and carbon. Trust me.

Happy hooker

Guys one more point don't factor in weather in your choice,,I can go to a mouth call in rain.

jjnfla

I like the hanks and the Halloran,but why only these four..

Happy hooker

JJ
Scouring the board they seem to get the most talk and especially the most rave.

Spitten and drummen

If I could only get one out of those mentioned , it would be brads bronzed glass over aluminum in zebrawood or popalar with his ebony or Granadillo striker. I will say on my honest opinion , I have not heard another pot that has the yelps these do.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

jjnfla

Quote from: Happy hooker on June 03, 2016, 05:21:26 PM
JJ
Scouring the board they seem to get the most talk and especially the most rave.
gotcha..

SteelerFan

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 03, 2016, 05:47:38 PM
If I could only get one out of those mentioned , it would be brads bronzed glass over aluminum in zebrawood or popalar with his ebony or Granadillo striker. I will say on my honest opinion , I have not heard another pot that has the yelps these do.

:agreed:

A vote could be made for each of those you listed... no losers there.

Bowhuntr73

skimerhorn

I have all but the loftis. Any would be good

Roost 1

If I had to pick one of these, crystal mistress hands down.. After your winner is chosen by popular vote do another poll and put this winner against a Lon Trice pot and see how that goes!!!!!