OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SA-459 JEBS .560 Big 20XL

Started by Roost 1, July 07, 2015, 08:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

@40yds

62yds just for the heck of it!!!

BandedSpur

Amazing patterns. I would prefer them opened up just a bit, move a few from the 10 to the 10-20, but I would hunt with that all day long. Just a heads up, might want to restrict pattern range to 40. Lots of guys banned from this site for not obeying that rule.

Roost 1

Quote from: BandedSpur on July 08, 2015, 09:08:12 AM
Amazing patterns. I would prefer them opened up just a bit, move a few from the 10 to the 10-20, but I would hunt with that all day long. Just a heads up, might want to restrict pattern range to 40. Lots of guys banned from this site for not obeying that rule.

!0-4 I understand.....Figured since I was just punching paper I might get a pass.  ;)
I did try a .565 that put a little over 200 in the 10" and about the same in the 10-20 for a total of just over 400 in the 20.....I think I am going to stick with the tighter choke tho....

FL-Boss

Damn... relax... the man is just shooting paper. 

BandedSpur

Quote from: FL-Boss on July 08, 2015, 02:20:23 PM
Damn... relax... the man is just shooting paper.

Believe me when I tell you it's not me that needs to relax.

Ridge Rooster

Dang Roost! You are making me want on of those little 20's!!!

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

gophert

Quote from: BandedSpur on July 10, 2015, 07:54:10 AM

Yep....there were a lot of very knowledgeable people that got the boot a few years ago for showing patterns (paper if you will) over 40 yrds.  It's sad, but true. 

vaturkey

Quote from: gophert on July 14, 2015, 12:09:54 PM
Quote from: BandedSpur on July 10, 2015, 07:54:10 AM

Yep....there were a lot of very knowledgeable people that got the boot a few years ago for showing patterns (paper if you will) over 40 yrds.  It's sad, but true.

You're right Tim ! It's very sad that some of those VERY knowledgeable folks got kicked off this site for showing pattern pics ! But wonder why some people insist on hunting with a 10 Gauge ?  ::)
Vaturkey

deadbuck

I have an SA459 also and shot TSS9 through the factory choke and got 233 in the 10 and 232 in the 20. Then I shot a Tightwad .570 I picked up cheap and it shot 273/200. Think I will shoot the Tightwad early season when foliage is bare and swap to the factory choke later in the season when it greens up and shots will be a little closer.

Roost 1

codym

Just nasty! I just ordered a few pounds of 81/2's, it's so hard for me to wrap my head around 9's, but I will get over it. Thats the same load im going to shoot out of the same gun. I have a carlson 575 but I want to try the sumtoy 562 but may need to try that jebs as well. Good stuff

whiskey

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Spoon

Thanks for getting me into the TSS....