OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2011 H13 #7

Started by 2much2loud, April 04, 2011, 06:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2much2loud

I tried to pattern my gun yesterday in the wind no other choice because i leave for NC sunday. I will have to check the zero again once i get down there, if its not raining in NY its windy. I did count the holes in the 10 inch circle. after sighting in with target loads I got 226 because i forgot to bore snake the barrel but shot again after bore snaking and got 263... last year patterns were right around 300 so they are lower ..the wind may have also played a part in that,but still way more than enough to kill out to 40 and 50...i know it was the wind because i was using a solid rest and fast fire2...its amazing how much wind plays a role

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

cannonball

That's more than enough to kill one. Good luck on your hunt. :icon_thumright:

spur collector

Gobble!

knotheadedfool

I'm one of the unlucky ones to get some of the crap lots of 7's from this year.  Numbers averaging about 50 hits lower.  Last years 6's almost pattern as well as this years 7's.  I hate to pay the money, but I guess I will go back to nitro.  When you figure it out, I guess that extra money is worth it for known consistency.

2much2loud

im not totally disapointed with the pattern...i am still uncomfortable with the low velocity...i shot 2 birds last year with them and the win xtnded range knocks them down a whole lot harder