turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cleaning question?

Started by davisd9, April 05, 2011, 12:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Just added a scope to my 835.  It is a Simmons Pro-diamond 4 x 32mm.  Will the POA be affected when I take the barrel off the stock to clean it or can I just continue cleaning it as before without having to worry? I think that it will be fine but just have never had a scope of a shotgun before so I wanted to find out from others with more experience.  Thanks for any help.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

archery1

I ALSO HAVE THE 835 WITH SCOPE,, I TOOK MY BARREL OFF SEVERAL TIMES AND NEVER HAD TROUBLE WITH THE POI AFTER. JUST MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS FINGER TIGHTEN THE END CAP AND NEVER USE A PLIERS TO TIGHTEN THEM.  U SHOULDNT HAVE A PROBLEM
Take a kid hunting

goblr77

Mine has never been affected by pulling the barrel off and cleaning it.

Gobble!

Some say yes others no. I just try to tighten it down the same each time.

VAHUNTER

you will be fine. i take my barrel off several times a season with no problems

archery1 i always go as tight as i can by hand then go 1 or 2 clicks tighter with pliers
Good things come to those who wait

Gobble!

Quote from: VAHUNTER on April 05, 2011, 01:29:47 PM

archery1 i always go as tight as i can by hand then go 1 or 2 clicks tighter with pliers

thats what many people do

archery1

HUH........MY BUDDY DID THAT BEFORE USEING PLIERS AND HE WANTED TO SIGHT IN HIS MOSS SLUG GUN.. AFTER SHOOTING IT HE WAS LOW.. SO HE ENDED UP BOTTOMING THE SIGHTS OUT.. SO HE COULDNT FIGURE OUT WHY HIS GUN WAS SHOOTING SO LOW AND HAD NO  MORE SIGHT ADJUSTMENT.. ENDED UP TAKIN GUN TO SHOP..  THEY SAID NEVER EVER TIGHTEN CAP UP WITH PLIERS.. HE GOT THE END CAP PUT ON FINGER TIGHT.. SIGHTED GUN IN AND HAD ROOM TO EVEN GO LOWER ON HIS SIGHTS... MAYBE IT DEPENDS ON THE GUN????? I THINK HE HAD AN OLDER MOSS 500 ? NOT SURE BUT ITS BEEN 15 YEARS OR SO SINCE HE DID THIS.
Take a kid hunting

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Gobble! on April 05, 2011, 01:39:58 PM
Quote from: VAHUNTER on April 05, 2011, 01:29:47 PM

thats what many people do

:agreed: :agreed: :agreed:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

davisd9

Thanks guys. I usually just hand tighten it as much as possible and since that is the way the barrel was done when I sighted it in then that is what I will continue doing.  Thanks once again.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer