OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Is Roberts Bros still making calls

Started by VAarrowslinger, May 17, 2016, 02:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on June 24, 2016, 03:52:15 PM
There's a brand new one in package on eBay right now.  Even has the aluminum striker which they stopped making later. Someone should fetch that one.

Is it still there? I can't seem to locate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

Sorry it had a "buy it now" and it got scooped up. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

callmakerman

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on June 24, 2016, 03:52:15 PM
There's a brand new one in package on eBay right now.  Even has the aluminum striker which they stopped making later. Someone should fetch that one.
Don't own one of the pots but I do have the aluminum striker that's never used. It's some where in the basement. Thought it would work for me wet but I didn't care for the sound.

1iagobblergetter

My items I bought came with a a receipt from Roberts Brothers.  The box return address was Kenneth Roberts Oakwood Georgia.  The box even had a flyer with all the turkey calls/strikers they sell, how to use call, and maintenance info. I placed a decent sized order and received everything in approximately 3-4 weeks.

Jgarrett

I just ordered off their website.  I'm guessing they just have stock, he told me they were stopping production
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Footballer

Quote from: Jgarrett on June 29, 2016, 01:50:17 PM
I just ordered off their website.  I'm guessing they just have stock, he told me they were stopping production

For good or just for this year?

outdoors

WHICH ONE DID YOU GET AND HOWS IT SOUND ... THANKS
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Jgarrett

Quote from: Footballer on June 29, 2016, 03:01:28 PM

For good or just for this year?

For good.  It's the cedar version.  Sounds great.  A little higher pitched than the chestnut, if I had to pick one it would be the chestnut, but both great calls.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

greengunner

1iagobblergetter. How long ago did you order? Contemplating trying their site store.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: greengunner on June 30, 2016, 07:07:15 PM
1iagobblergetter. How long ago did you order? Contemplating trying their site store.

I ordered around the first week of May. I figured it might be my only chance the way a'lot of people sounded. I would hope they wouldn't take your money if they couldn't fill your order. Goodluck!!!

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on July 02, 2016, 11:24:33 AM
Quote from: greengunner on June 30, 2016, 07:07:15 PM

I ordered around the first week of May. I figured it might be my only chance the way a'lot of people sounded. I would hope they wouldn't take your money if they couldn't fill your order. Goodluck!!!
Upon checking into it further it appears that they didn't bill my credit card until right when they sent my order to me.

greengunner

I've got their green one and my dad uses their cedar. We have been talking about getting their chestnut for a couple years. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks

greengunner

Received everything I ordered. Took about 3 weeks. Ordered off their website. Got an order confirmation, then got an email saying order was processed, two days later a package arrived

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: greengunner on August 03, 2016, 11:42:48 PM
Received everything I ordered. Took about 3 weeks. Ordered off their website. Got an order confirmation, then got an email saying order was processed, two days later a package arrived
Good deal..glad to hear  it..