OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Digital Scale

Started by t_eagen13, February 09, 2011, 10:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t_eagen13

What type of scale do yall use to measure your birds? I'd like to have a digital one. Do you use just a digital fish scale? It would be nice to have a measuring tape on it also to measure the beard an spurs.

Crutch

Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

FullChoke

I got mine on eBay. Type in "portable digital scale".

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Crutch

Lie Detector would be a good name for digital scales.  :)
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

shootumindaface

My birds are so big I usually have to drive the truck on the scales at the Co-op and than put the bird in the back and drive back on :-\

runngun

The scale I use was ordered from the NWTF site and has the built in tape. To be used for scoring a turkey.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

turkey_slayer

Quote from: shootumindaface on February 09, 2011, 11:29:03 PM
My birds are so big I usually have to drive the truck on the scales at the Co-op and than put the bird in the back and drive back on :-\

Thats what I do when my 50lb scales bottom out.  The rest of the time I use my normark. 

shootumindaface

Quote from: turkey_slayer on February 10, 2011, 01:31:15 AM
Quote from: shootumindaface on February 09, 2011, 11:29:03 PM

Thats what I do when my 50lb scales bottom out.  The rest of the time I use my normark. 
I see you have caught on to the HS Strut Beard Builder supplement as well.. Good stuff

Timber Chicken

I GOT THE ONE FROM THE NWTF. IT HAS A TAPE MEASURE AND CALCULATES YOUR SCORE FOR YOU.

http://www.outdoordealhound.com/p-733-digital-turkey-scale.aspx

neal

A Rapala fish scale very accurate I've checked it against a State certified scale and its money even after 4 years.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

TnHunter

I use a meat scale  and can't remember the name brand but it's a good one.
Life is good today