OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How Many Guys Here Have Got Choke Tube Syndrome

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, April 04, 2011, 12:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

I know I am guilty.   :z-guntootsmiley:

I think I just bought another one for my 835.  Waiting to find out for sure.  It's a .680 and priced right and made by Indian Creek.  Am I ever going to get well?   :lol:

Jbird22

I guess you could say I do. Just this past week I bought a TG SSX,  a  REM Ventilator, and a REM SF HTL to go with my Kicks .655, JH .665, and REM SF Lead.

mr meat

are you happy!, that's all that matters congrats on the purchase

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I think I have bought about 8 chokes in about the last 3 months.  I have a Jelly Head .690 coming for my 835.  2 weeks ago I bought a Jelly Head .660 for my 870.  I bought a Tru-Glo SSX .670 for my 835 about 2 months ago.  I bought a .665 Jelly Head for a Rem and sold it.  Got it for $10.  Then I bought a .570 Jelly Head 20GA choke for $10 and gave it away.  Then I bought a Primos Tight Wad .690 835 choke and gave it away.  Then I bought 2 more Tight Wads .660 for Browning/Win/Moss 500 Invector and gave them away.  Got all those Tight Wads for $5 each.  Oh and I bought a Indian Creek BDS .675 about 2 months ago.  And if I got this other one coming it will be 10 I think.  I may have a Indian Creek .670 coming soon as well.   :lol:

Yea I'm happy.  

Mike Honcho

I was just diagnosed...I've owned my 835 since March 1 (it came with one Mossberg Ulti Full) and I now have 5 additional turkey chokes , one extended steel for T & F shot (goose) , and a factory Mossy full and extra full. 
That's only nine but I do hunt other game with my 835.   Had a nice snow goose hunt with it about two weeks ago.
I used to go to gun shows to trade guns...now I go looking for chokes.

bowhunter84

i had it. i've gotten rid of all of them except for my rhino.

Basser69

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 04, 2011, 01:09:53 PM
Well I think I have bought about 8 chokes in about the last 3 months.  I have a Jelly Head .690 coming for my 835.  2 weeks ago I bought a Jelly Head .660 for my 870.  I bought a Tru-Glo SSX .670 for my 835 about 2 months ago.  I bought a .665 Jelly Head for a Rem and sold it.  Got it for $10.  Then I bought a .570 Jelly Head 20GA choke for $10 and gave it away.  Then I bought a Primos Tight Wad .690 835 choke and gave it away.  Then I bought 2 more Tight Wads .660 for Browning/Win/Moss 500 Invector and gave them away.  Got all those Tight Wads for $5 each.  Oh and I bought a Indian Creek BDS .675 about 2 months ago.  And if I got this other one coming it will be 10 I think.  I may have a Indian Creek .670 coming soon as well.   :lol:

Yea I'm happy.  

I got one of those primos choke tubes for the kid! Thanks again!!

Crappiepro

I had it bad last year but then I found the Kicks Gobblin Thunder .665 I wont be switching anytime soon. Iam lookin for a jelly head for a remington 870 12ga. Funny how the game starts over when you get a new gun to tinker with LOL

goblr77

I've had it pretty bad experimenting with chokes in different guns. It's cooled off since I've got what I like in all my rigs now. When I get a new gun or change loads I'm sure the choke tube fever will flare up again. :smiley-char092:

beagler

I think I've spent more money on chokes/shells than my scattergun (and I shoot a Benelli SBE 2). :help:
Let's face it gentlemen, many of us get carried away. I remember killing gobblers 25 years ago without even thinking about what I was shooting. Any #4's I could get my hands on worked fine, didn't even have screw-in tubes. Dead is Dead, they're just turkey.  :fud:
Never Misses

WyoHunter

Quote from: beagler on April 04, 2011, 05:19:32 PM
Let's face it gentlemen, many of us get carried away. I remember killing gobblers 25 years ago without even thinking about what I was shooting. Any #4's I could get my hands on worked fine, didn't even have screw-in tubes. Dead is Dead, they're just turkey.  :fud:
Ah ha! What most of us know but seem to forget! Well put.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

mightyjoeyoung

"Hello.  My name is Don and I'm a chokeaholic."  Wait!  That Does NOT sound right!  lol 
I have had just about every choke there is for the 835...except for the Rhinos, ICs and just a couple others.  I found a good combo years ago for one of my 835s (I own two) and stuck with it, but I just picked up a SSX .670 and I am impressed!   For a cheap (low cast) choke, it really throws one heck of a pattern.  I still have a lohman longshot, a jelly head and a few others but I haven't put any shot through them in quite a while.  For my SBE II I have the carlson's super steel 3 choke set, a PG .670, a jellyhead, and I have an IC BDS on order.  No matter what I do, I cannot seem to get my benelli to perform as well as either of my 835s.  Funny considering that even with all the work done to one of my 835s, it still cost me less than half of the benelli...by quite a bit.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

beagler

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 04, 2011, 06:51:22 PM
 No matter what I do, I cannot seem to get my benelli to perform as well as either of my 835s.  
Same here. My 835 will pattern better than my SBE 2 every time. I'm shooting Rhino's in both but have tried at least four different chokes in each and a countless variety of shells.
I really have to forget about this "pellet counting problem". Once again, Dead is Dead.
Never Misses

hookedspur

OH NO NO NO NO it never ends there is always one more that may shoot 3 or 4 more pellets in that #$%^#W*  10 inch circle !!!! I HAVE TO HAVE IT !!!

No I dont have it and dont know what your talking adout.  :TooFunny:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

njdevilsb

For me it's more the fun of shooting new things to see what it can do.  It's fun just walking up to a target to see what I've got.  I think we all know we don't need 280 hits in a 10" at 40 to kill a bird.  It's become more of a hobby for me than thinking it's a necessity to kill a bird.