OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington 870 Patterns

Started by Gobble!, February 09, 2011, 10:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FttFttVroom!

Winchester XR HD #6
23" barrel
Kicks GT .665

ILIKEHEVI-13

The first one is with the .669 Indian Creek BDS choke. 

The 2nd one is with the MAD Super Max .675 choke. 

Both are tape measured at 40yds from choke to target. 

Hevi-13 3" 2oz #7's.  Those are what I call perfect patterns for a factory turkey load. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

ILIKEHEVI-13

Someone said good things about the Rem Ventilator choke.  I have one and for the money it probably is one of the best if not the best choke for Hevi-13 loads in the Rem barrels.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/526/DSCF0142.jpg

Forget about the lead shot only mumbo.  It will shoot Hevi-13 loads just fine.  

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=956890&filter=ventilator&catid=0

ILIKEHEVI-13

But I will tell you that the .655 Ventilator choke won't shoot as consistent as the Indian Creek choke or the Super Max I have.  I think it's just a hair too tight.  You can see what I mean by looking at this pattern.  The 10" is a great pattern but the 20" I think could be better.  But it looks like is shot just a tad high from my 10" circle cutout.  But like I said for the money it's a hard choke to beat.

yella yelper

Just FYI for people looking to buy a ventilator, they are no longer in production.  They can still be found new in box though.  They are wicked with lead shot too.

Tom Foolery

ILIKEHEVI-13, I am blind, what are the numbers on those patterns?  They look awesome!

ncturkey

ncturkey

Todd1700

Rem 870 SM, 26 inch barrel, Rhino .660 choke, Nitro 4x5x7 3 1/2 shell. 40 yards laser ranged. Not the amazing patterns some get from this combo but I doubt any Alabama turkeys will survive it. LOL!

Gobble!

Quote from: RAJ on February 10, 2011, 09:48:56 PM
Gobble -Only able to see part of your pics.

R u using a phone? When I use my iphone I can only see half of some of the patterns but with a computer they are fine?

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Tom Foolery on February 11, 2011, 09:40:28 AM
ILIKEHEVI-13, I am blind, what are the numbers on those patterns?  They look awesome!

Well on the first one I counted 280 at first.  But then I thought after looking at the shot more that I dug out of my bird last spring that some of the shot were snowman pellets so I recounted and came up with a respectful 263 in the 10".  There is 477 total shot in the 20".  On the second one there is 297 in the 10" after I recounted it and it may even be more.  I originally came up with 319 but since I recounted I should be very close to the right amount.  And there is 501 total shot inside the 20".  The Ventilator put like 271 shot I believe in the 10" and I didn't count the 20".    

ILIKEHEVI-13

I really think that is one dead turkey.   :happy0064:

VAHUNTER

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 10, 2011, 10:58:59 PM

Hevi-13 3" 2oz #7's.  Those are what I call perfect patterns for a factory turkey load. 
Fantastic patterns. very even. what more could you want  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Good things come to those who wait

gophert

Here is some from last summer. I stop testing after this one. 

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: VAHUNTER on February 12, 2011, 07:20:06 AM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on February 10, 2011, 10:58:59 PM

Hevi-13 3" 2oz #7's.  Those are what I call perfect patterns for a factory turkey load.  
Fantastic patterns. very even. what more could you want  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Thanks.  What I like mostly about this gun is that it shoots deadcenter with factory bead.  I did polish my barrel using the method on here basically.  And I polished my chamber as well.  That barrel I traded for and is not the one that came on my gun for it was a 21" barrel.  I swapped it with this like new 28" barrel from a guy in GA who wanted my shorter barrel.  It worked out the best for both us for I prefer a longer barrel having owned the shorter one.