OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington 870 Patterns

Started by Gobble!, February 09, 2011, 10:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble!

I think it would be a good idea for us to have a thread of patterns from Remington 870s. Instead of someone asking what choke should I buy and then there being 4 pages of people arguing about whats best lets just post some patterns and let them look through and decide.
I know how you Handloaders are but lets just try to keep this to patterns using shells you can buy over the counter.
List your guns barrel length, choke, shell, polished barrel or not, shooting conditions, and yardage. This should give everyone an idea of what choke overall is best. 

Barrel Length: 23"
Choke: .665 Indian Creek
Shell: 3.5" 2.25oz #6 Hevi 13
Barrel Not Polished
About 30 Degrees
40 Yards

Barrel Length: 23"
Choke: .665 Indian Creek
Shell: 3.5" 2.25oz #7 Hevi 13
Barrel Not Polished
About 30 Degrees
40 Yards

bowhunter2k9

Barrel Length: 26"
Choke: .660 Jellyhead
Shell: 3.5" 2.25oz #6 Hevi 13
Barrel Not Polished
About 50 Degrees
40 Yards
223 pellets in 10 inch circle

HeviShot Mag Blends
I got 160 pellets in a 10 inch circle... not impressed... but no picture
Romans 8:38-39

njdevilsb

I really like this idea.  It would be cool if we had a separate sub forum under the turkey guns section where we could start a topic, and anybody who used any specific gun/choke/load combination could post the results they got with certain loads.  In my case for my 12 gauge I would put Mossberg 535 Indian Creek .660 Hevi 13 3.5" #7.  Anybody else who used that exact same combination would reply under the same thread so all the results for that gun/choke/load would be in the same thread.  If somebody shot a 535 with an Indian Creek .660 but used 3" #6, that would be a new thread.  It would be very good for the search function as well since each topic would have the exact specs in the title.

EMSDJ2

VAHUNTER

all you have to do is list you topic as blank blank only. great idea lets make it happen
Good things come to those who wait

Gobble!

gatrkyhntr70

this was a great idea; This is a common thread thats posted over and over again.
We also need the same for the 835 shooters.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

bird

Although it sounds like a great idea, it will never happen.  Here's the reason why.  People love to ask questions and talk.  New members are always going to take the path of least resistance and just ask rather than search.  And if you had a few threads dedicated purely to a certain gun or choke and everybody would tell the new guy.... hey do a search or go look at this thread, then this site would become very boring very quickly and then nobody would come around to visit.  Its only human nature for people to want to share, talk and ask questions.  Good idea, but it will never work or at least work for very long.

Gobble!

You make a very good point bird
I still think it would be great to have though

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: bird on February 10, 2011, 06:32:56 PM
Although it sounds like a great idea, it will never happen.  Here's the reason why.  People love to ask questions and talk.  New members are always going to take the path of least resistance and just ask rather than search.  And if you had a few threads dedicated purely to a certain gun or choke and everybody would tell the new guy.... hey do a search or go look at this thread, then this site would become very boring very quickly and then nobody would come around to visit.  Its only human nature for people to want to share, talk and ask questions.  Good idea, but it will never work or at least work for very long.

Amen!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

shootumindaface

A Thread with an excel type database devoted to different threadings such as:

Rem Choke

Gun Brand
BBL length
Choke Brand
Diameter
Shell
Distance
Temp
10"
20"

Have a separate one for win choke, Inv +, 835 etc etc

R AJ

Gobble -Only able to see part of your pics.

R AJ

Quote from: bird on February 10, 2011, 06:32:56 PM

You have such a wonderful way of killing some suggestions and ideas all by yourself.
Having someone search a subject could keep the chatter down. This thought and wonderful idea will require those who like to research and assimilate information into useful data that is easily referenced. Those who do not wish to participate in this are not forced to. The day that data and spread sheets eliminates the talk on this site I'll start sending in photos of everything from the target I shot to the birds I get.