OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

11-87 Special Purpose Turkey

Started by Oldschoolguy, May 06, 2016, 11:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on May 15, 2016, 09:58:15 AM
Quote from: Oldschoolguy on May 06, 2016, 11:43:23 PM
Can anyone show a picture of the factory installed original turkey chokes that came on the 11-87 and 870 Special Purpose turkey guns? Especially a picture of the choke out of the barrel showing the wording. I've seen a few different varieties on Ebay but not sure which came with the guns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Factory Rem x-full turkey chokes are extended and are knurled on the end with exit dia of .665 they are lead shot only. There are a lot of better options out there now but I understand wanting to have it to make your gun authentic. What is your 11-87 SPS-T camo and barrel configuration?
I have bought or know people who have bought the turkey guns from Remington and the pictures of the choke on this thread are correct.  The knurled chokes are super full and not the extra full.   Now with that said some models may have come with a super full.665. Which is knurled . The extra full that I have and a friend has bought 3 years ago i believe are .687 give or take . Some models may have come with the superfull. My Remington history book does not specify.

Oldschoolguy

Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on May 15, 2016, 09:58:15 AM
Quote from: Oldschoolguy on May 06, 2016, 11:43:23 PM
Can anyone show a picture of the factory installed original turkey chokes that came on the 11-87 and 870 Special Purpose turkey guns? Especially a picture of the choke out of the barrel showing the wording. I've seen a few different varieties on Ebay but not sure which came with the guns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Factory Rem x-full turkey chokes are extended and are knurled on the end with exit dia of .665 they are lead shot only. There are a lot of better options out there now but I understand wanting to have it to make your gun authentic. What is your 11-87 SPS-T camo and barrel configuration?
Greenleaf 21"

Fieldturkey

Are you looking for one of these chokes?

Oldschoolguy

Roost 1

My 870 special purpose actually came with both.