OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

11-87 Special Purpose Turkey

Started by Oldschoolguy, May 06, 2016, 11:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldschoolguy

Can anyone show a picture of the factory installed original turkey chokes that came on the 11-87 and 870 Special Purpose turkey guns? Especially a picture of the choke out of the barrel showing the wording. I've seen a few different varieties on Ebay but not sure which came with the guns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BINK McCARTY

Oldschoolguy

I bought a 11-87 SPS-T that has an after market choke in it. I want to put an original Remington choke that came in these guns in it. That's all, just want it to be original.

agent eight seven O

The factory original is an extra full extended. It is marked Remington turkey extra full lead shot only. I think Midway USA has these for less than 30 bucks.

Tsawyer340

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/611853/remington-rem-choke-wingmaster-hd-turkey-predator-choke-tube-12-gauge

This is the one that came with my 870. I just switched to an Indian creek and would prolly part ways with this stock choke.

twoanthree-quarters

Later today I will try to post a pic.Of my choke out of my
11-87.
Iam headed to work.

tomcat11-64

There is better chokes out there than Remingtons.
Forget being original your killing turkeys.

twoanthree-quarters

Going to try upload pic Of my choke

twoanthree-quarters

A couple more pic.
This is the gun the choke came in.

twoanthree-quarters

Can only load one pic at a time I see

Izzyjoe

That's some nice wood carving, I love those older Sp 11-87's!

Ozarks Hillbilly

Quote from: Oldschoolguy on May 06, 2016, 11:43:23 PM
Can anyone show a picture of the factory installed original turkey chokes that came on the 11-87 and 870 Special Purpose turkey guns? Especially a picture of the choke out of the barrel showing the wording. I've seen a few different varieties on Ebay but not sure which came with the guns. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Factory Rem x-full turkey chokes are extended and are knurled on the end with exit dia of .665 they are lead shot only. There are a lot of better options out there now but I understand wanting to have it to make your gun authentic. What is your 11-87 SPS-T camo and barrel configuration? 

Farmboy27

Quote from: Ozarks Hillbilly on May 15, 2016, 09:58:15 AM
Quote from: Oldschoolguy on May 06, 2016, 11:43:23 PM
Factory Rem x-full turkey chokes are extended and are knurled on the end with exit dia of .665 they are lead shot only. There are a lot of better options out there now but I understand wanting to have it to make your gun authentic. What is your 11-87 SPS-T camo and barrel configuration? 
Original extra full rem chokes are smooth, not knurled. The super full chokes are knurled. Extra full is what would've came with the gun